mlcantin

Are Mtx Amplifiers any good?

I know that the older amps they made were amazing but I was wondering if any has tried their new amps and if they are high quality or not. Input would be much appreciated since I looking to purchase a new amp. Thanks in advance

Sincerely,

Matthew

I have had a few MTX amps and they always did a pretty good job.

Much like most big name companies they have a few good amps that are true to their posted numbers. Like ricksi30 said.. what amp?

On a side note I still have 1 of the old 1501D's I modded from over 10 years ago that is still going strong.

i had bought a mtx 1501d elite amp brand spanking new and not 2 months later, it caught fire... lol very strong got a 1500watt amp though lol

i had bought a mtx 1501d elite amp brand spanking new and not 2 months later, it caught fire... lol very strong got a 1500watt amp though lol

And that would be one of the not so good ones? lol

Mine was the much older model

mtx1501d.jpg

Isn't MTX amps built, engineered or something to that extent in the USA primarily?

It's something to do with the USA specifically which equates to their suggested pricing.

IF i truly wanted an MTX amp, i know i wouldn't be let down on performance if that helps.

Mark LaFountain provided us a video a long time ago about MTX's new amps some years ago that was interesting video.

I had a MTX T81001D

I had a MTX T81001D

And then.... lol

When my friends shop carried them they had a demo truck with 4 of the 4k amps in it and they were very reliable... well until they got wet.. Lol The avalanche bed is known for leaking a ton and they had to warranty a ton of them.

I had a MTX T81001D

And then.... lol

And then I used it for a couple years and sold it. I don't think it had much longer left to live.

Isn't MTX amps built, engineered or something to that extent in the USA primarily?

It's something to do with the USA specifically which equates to their suggested pricing.

IF i truly wanted an MTX amp, i know i wouldn't be let down on performance if that helps.

Mark LaFountain provided us a video a long time ago about MTX's new amps some years ago that was interesting video.

Mitek owns MTX and they are out of Wisconsin.

Isn't MTX amps built, engineered or something to that extent in the USA primarily? It's something to do with the USA specifically which equates to their suggested pricing. IF i truly wanted an MTX amp, i know i wouldn't be let down on performance if that helps. Mark LaFountain provided us a video a long time ago about MTX's new amps some years ago that was interesting video.
Mitek owns MTX and they are out of Wisconsin.

They may have an warehouse there, but they are based out of Phoenix AZ.

I ran two of the TE4000Ds for a few years, very good amps, I couldn't kill them if I tryed, and I did lol. Even dead shorted one. No problems. Excellent product. They are engineered in the USA, and built in their chinese build house. (this was their set up around 3 years ago), this information was from John Ivey himself. Great guy.

Alright thanks everybody for your contributions! As an opinion do you guys think they stand up against amp brands like sundown, DC, skar, and did in terms of durability and power output?

Alright thanks everybody for your contributions! As an opinion do you guys think they stand up against amp brands like sundown, DC, skar, and did in terms of durability and power output?

Skar is garbage, and again it depends on which specific amp you are referring to.

Why is skar garbage?

Just do some searching, there is plenty of info on the subject of skar and Kevin the owner.

Alright nothing like good ole research. What amp do you recommend in a budget of about $200?

Alright nothing like good ole research. What amp do you recommend in a budget of about $200?

For what?

What voice coil configuration?