Sign in to follow this  
SacredTanakh

Noise Pollution ticket

I use to go to the local car audio shop we have in my town and once a week they everyone would meet up metered thier systems for free and tune them. then one time we showed up did our normal thing and the cops showed up saying we were causing noise pollution and told us the same crap about times and we tired to argue the fact that we were in the time zone that it was ok to be loud. The owner still got a ticket cause even though we were in the allowed time zone it still bothered someone enough to call the cops and that the only way we could continue to do this every week was if we got a permit for it.

Well, that makes sense though.

It's like that around here. It runs about 200 bucks for 8 hours and you get an off duty cop to patrol the event.

It's actually the law to have a cop on hand in my area for any event that's being held at a public place. Weather it's something like a sound off or even a wedding.

I hate when people just blast their systems in subdivisons or by houses at night. I love loud systems but there is a time and place to do it. Definitely not by your house. That is how things get stolen, like someone else said. The 50ft rule is really stupid though because you can hear my stock speakers more than 50 ft.

Its funny we have parties at my friends house and there's like 2 speakers and the neighbors complain so my friends mom went and got a permit to have music. The music wasn't really loud to begin with but the neighbors are just those people that complain about everything.

Pssh.. a permit wouldn't work for some of our installs..

We would need a bill passed with our name on it.

We just live in different worlds that's all. Where I'm from we are taught to say yes ma'am, no sir, and how to respect other people. Playing music music or any other thing like loud pipes on trucks or bikes especially in an area where people live is disrespect and its not tolerated.

Yeah, we have manners and common courtesy up here in the north as well. I hope you don't suspect otherwise. I'm all for sound ordinance laws; as long as they are reasonable. I got one sound ordinance ticket when I was young and dumb and learned my lesson. I didn't need a felony charge to teach me a lesson. That sounds like a strong case of over policing to me.

I think mandatory community service and a large fine would be much more useful than throwing someone in jail.

I agree with a lot of you guys with neighborhoods, not going to argue about that.

This situation does open my eyes about a few things, Thanks for the replies! :)

I agree with a lot of you guys with neighborhoods, not going to argue about that.

This situation does open my eyes about a few things, Thanks for the replies! smile.png

Thanks for not getting all pissed off at everyone like some people do :)

I agree with a lot of you guys with neighborhoods, not going to argue about that. This situation does open my eyes about a few things, Thanks for the replies! smile.png
Thanks for not getting all pissed off at everyone like some people do :)/>

Well I got respect for a lot of you, your systems and experience is amazing to me.

I recently looked up noise ordinances in my area, more pertaining to exhaust, but it is all the same. It said that for a noise violation the officer must have a mic that is calibrated daily, the calibration results, and the measured level at the approximate distance. If they have all this information and it exceeds their standard for acceptable noise levels at specific distances, then they can give you a ticket. And from the cops I have talked to in my area, there isn't a cop who carries a single SPL meter in the county.

Edited by todd.brust

I recently got a ticket for playing loud on a damn freeway

a freeway!

I'm very respectful of my surroundings and didn't think I deserved that ticket.

funniest part of it? Wasn't even playing rap.

Was listening to Sade with the subs off.

Edited by eggyhustles

I recently got a ticket for playing loud on a damn freeway

a freeway!

I'm very respectful of my surroundings and didn't think I deserved that ticket.

funniest part of it? Wasn't even playing rap.

Was listening to Sade with the subs off.

That's ridiculous haha. cop was a douche for sure.

I actually had something similar happen to me a few years back.

My parents live out in the country...like no neighbor within 1,000 feet of the house.

Anyway there was a house on the corner of the street that my parents live on so everytime I'd go to my parents I'd have to turn right in front of this house. Unfortunately the house was owned by a city LEO. When he pulled me over he flat out said he was waiting there for me because he was sick of hearing me drive by. It was about 1 or 2 on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Yeah the stereo was kinda loud, though nothing special. 2 Pioneer 12's in a T-top car...tops removed

I did contest the ticket in court and won. Seems the officer failed to realize that where he pulled me over was a township, which did NOT have the same noise ordinance as the city in which he was a LEO for.

My parents always went to the township meetings...the very next meeting that officer was there proposing that the township adopt the city's noise ordinance laws.

The even funnier part, I had received a noise ordinance IN the city a week prior and contested that one just to put off paying the fine...my court dates were a day apart...with the same magistrate. And yeah the magistrate remembered that I was there the day before for the same violation and I could tell it burned him that I was gonna get off on the 2nd one.

I actually had something similar happen to me a few years back. My parents live out in the country...like no neighbor within 1,000 feet of the house. Anyway there was a house on the corner of the street that my parents live on so everytime I'd go to my parents I'd have to turn right in front of this house. Unfortunately the house was owned by a city LEO. When he pulled me over he flat out said he was waiting there for me because he was sick of hearing me drive by. It was about 1 or 2 on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Yeah the stereo was kinda loud, though nothing special. 2 Pioneer 12's in a T-top car...tops removed I did contest the ticket in court and won. Seems the officer failed to realize that where he pulled me over was a township, which did NOT have the same noise ordinance as the city in which he was a LEO for. My parents always went to the township meetings...the very next meeting that officer was there proposing that the township adopt the city's noise ordinance laws. The even funnier part, I had received a noise ordinance IN the city a week prior and contested that one just to put off paying the fine...my court dates were a day apart...with the same magistrate. And yeah the magistrate remembered that I was there the day before for the same violation and I could tell it burned him that I was gonna get off on the 2nd one.

win

Double win

Did you see how old that thread was?

I asked a cop here in Florida and he said there is no law against it but to just be courteous and don't drive by and vibrate store windows. He also said that if neighbors complain multiple times that they can give you a county violation.