ok everyone, i have a 02 nissan with a fi bl 18 running on a zeus 3000 watt i have the amp turned down barely over half right now i want to upgrade my eletrical so i can turn my amp up i have about 300 dollars right now what is the first thing i need to get?

Why do you think that you can turn the gain up safely?

why would i not be able to turn it up some? wouldnt i be able to turn it up until it starts clipping?

Get an agm battery. either to repalce your stock one, or to put in your trunk,

Get an agm battery. either to repalce your stock one, or to put in your trunk,

Isn't it bad to mix Agm/Non Agm as well as mixing 2 different batteries?

That's what I was getting at was which company is the best one to go with for the price I was looking at putting 2 hc 700 kimetics but is there some better choices

Well its not 'ideal' but im running and agm and stock battery right now.. When money is tight you gotta do what you gotta do. :P

OP You might want to read This Even though you should of already.

Do you have your big 3 done? That would be the FIRST place to start.

Yea definitely do the big 3 first. The bl does not need 3000 rms, which means you won't have to upgrade the electrical very much. I'd say get a second battery and add an extra run of pos to the batt and ground to frame if you don't want to run another neg. Also welding supply has very good wire for a lot less than car audio wire. I'd look into the sears diehard platinum battery for a second batt. I'd go with the group 34 if you aren't planning on upgrading later on otherwise get the group 31.

Edited by Bassink

Well first get big 3 done.. If voltage drop isnt bad anymore then you dont really need to do anything more.

I'm interested in something..

You want to set the amp up to it's max potential so it doesn't clip..

Well, for one, what are you using to ensure it doesn't clip?

Two, most daily drivers allow clipping in their systems at full tilt anyways.

Just saying clipping isn't the death to all speakers. IT's the amount of time and the harshness of the signal that determines that.

IF you truly want that clip free signal, then yea, you might as well get a 3-4kw amp because you will be losing potential in your output.

I can understand if you were preventing this with front stage amps trying to protect delicate equipment but subs.. do not understand.

I think doing your big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge, (and power run) with some good solid grounds would be sufficient. If you have voltage issues after that, a second battery would be an option.

Edited by BrutalBasser

I'm interested in something.. You want to set the amp up to it's max potential so it doesn't clip.. Well, for one, what are you using to ensure it doesn't clip? Two, most daily drivers allow clipping in their systems at full tilt anyways. Just saying clipping isn't the death to all speakers. IT's the amount of time and the harshness of the signal that determines that. IF you truly want that clip free signal, then yea, you might as well get a 3-4kw amp because you will be losing potential in your output. I can understand if you were preventing this with front stage amps trying to protect delicate equipment but subs.. do not understand.

I've been waiting for someone to say something like this forever. Can you or someone please elaborate some more on all of this?

I'm interested in something.. You want to set the amp up to it's max potential so it doesn't clip.. Well, for one, what are you using to ensure it doesn't clip? Two, most daily drivers allow clipping in their systems at full tilt anyways. Just saying clipping isn't the death to all speakers. IT's the amount of time and the harshness of the signal that determines that. IF you truly want that clip free signal, then yea, you might as well get a 3-4kw amp because you will be losing potential in your output. I can understand if you were preventing this with front stage amps trying to protect delicate equipment but subs.. do not understand.
I've been waiting for someone to say something like this forever. Can you or someone please elaborate some more on all of this?

What exactly are you wanting more detail?

Clipping in itself does not destroy equipment, it is 92.7% of the time the user who does it. Not knowing when to turn it down.

The reason for saying, getting a higher power amplifier amp to power his application, is because theoritically, that amp will be able to supple the rms rating of that driver without stress. For example, if you buy lets say, a 1200 watt amp. Well, that amp is only designed to produce 1200 watts at its given voltage. Well, obviously, many users cannot supply this voltage, and even so, can still cause problems when trying to obtain 1200 watts 24/7 from this amplifier. Well, lets say, you get a 4000 watt amplifier. Now you can see that this 4000 watt amp can easily provide the 1200 watts needed for that 1200 watt rms driver. This does several things simistanously. It provides "clean" 1200 watts, which leaves headroom and leaves the equipment cool. You can also apply more than rated power as well. 2000 non clipped clean power can be used on a 1200rms driver all day long. But if you get a 1200 watt amp attempting to supply 1200 watts, then you can see how you are causing stress to that hardware.

Big 3 using Knukonceptz wire ( bang from buck), D3400 XS power battery. You can get one for around 200-220 from Crutchfield with free shipping.

Big 3 kit may run 60 bucks or so. The cheapest I found the XS power batteries was Crutchfield with free shipping. Go online and search coupons you can use like 2 or 3 per order. Good deals there.