sure i have roughly 14 cubes to work with in my jeep i'll have to double
check in the morning but im pretty sure its around that range. I have a
sundown saz 3000d to throw at whatever combo i end up going with. My
goal is to be as close as 148-149ish on music dbs would be nice icon_smile.gif
but i know a lot of factors play into that. Also i don't want to build a
wall unless the gains were huge. I listen to mostly rock, heavy metal,
as well as rap.

Going in a 2001 grand cherokee limited, if anyone has tips on getting
louder in these jeeps that help as well i know most people do sub up port back which sounded best to me with my previous setup.

Also thanks in advance for the input.

If i left anything out just let me know, i'm typing on my phone before bed so i could have left something out lol

*UPDATE*

Maybe 2 18 inch Sundown Audio V3's getting fed 3k ? Would that be able to do the
trick ? I have also contemplated running 2 oa 18's as well guess that
way i could put maybe work on some mids and so forth.

I am also hoping to snag another saz 3000d to link them up, as far as
that goes i would want to be running at 2 ohms correct if i had to saz
3000d's hooked up ?

I've also bumped my budget up to 1k for subs. if that helps any lol.

(edit) I also forgot to mention the dimensions i am working with are
34Lx42Wx 30.5 Max Height Which from what i have heard you don't really
want to go above half of your max height in a sub up port back box
build.

Any input would be much appreciated, i have been putting off a build for
the longest time as i had my last system stolen and with having the
dual climate control go out in my jeep as well as having to replace the
400 dollar window that got smashed out etc etc lol.

This looks really nice, im following this smile.png
hope it goes well, I would go Sundown with the subs. Il look more into this later to see about which ones.
Your final setup is a SAZ3000d at 2ohms? (just to make sure)

Edited by Dangercdv

where are you located?

Good info on helping us get started. Are you talkin about the sundown z?

Yes Sundown Audio Z V3 I do believe, I am located in ohio about half an hour south of Columbus.

As far as I know if I can get the other saz 3000d for a decent price. The amps split the load when they are strapped I could be wrong I have been out of car audio since my last system got stolen lol.

But yeah final load would be 2ohms if that is that case with the amps being strapped and if nothing else I'll feed em 1500 watts a piece if I am able to lol.

I am just hoping that I will have enough room across for my box it might not even be possible lol or a super tight fit lol.

14 Cubes, I'm assuming this is with your back seats folded down? Either that or you don't mind blocking your back window?

...i would so go with ssa xcons really musical and get down low!! they sound fantastic with rock.  

also i have some obsidian audio 18's on the way using them for home audio. ill post input later on the drivers once they arrived....pre order suck's!!

Edited by Dictator

why are you so stuck on sundown subs?

2 Zcon 18's in 14-15cu tuned around 34 = loud mofo

...i would so go with ssa xcons really musical and get down low!! they sound fantastic with rock.  

also i have some obsidian audio 18's on the way using them for home audio. ill post input later on the drivers once they arrived....pre order suck's!!

I have 2 OA 15's i'm running them at 300 RMS Each right now and I have to say I have 0 Complaints. 

Cant wait to up my electrical system so I can feed them more, they're really begging for it.

I am not stuck on sundown subs lol, I am open to all suggestions. Just like how they look and perform as well so that's a plus.

Nothing is set in stone as depending on if I am able to get another saz 3000d. Which could open up other options of subs as well.

I don't mind blocking my back window lol, and as much as I would like to go seats down to open up more room I can't.

I just know that the sundowns tend to perform rather well in smaller enclosures so I guess that kind of played into my path to them lol.

i have some SSA Zcon 15s  i would sell

Are you going to build your own box and you can't get 14 cubes with seats up unless walling. Although, I really don't think blocking the back window is good if this is your daily driver.

I'd do the 2 15s big jon has in a big box with your sundown 3k. That'd be loud!!!!

..I hate you bigjon sad.png(( wish i had two 15zcons!! was looking for a pair usedfor a long ass time !!

Edited by Dictator

I'd do the 2 15s big jon has in a big box with your sundown 3k. That'd be loud!!!!

z's get loud they can really put a hurting on your ears and your car.....

z's get loud they can really put a hurting on your ears and your car.....

Yea that combo too!! If i didn't go with the zcons i would of went with two Z 12s :)

How much you selling the zcons for?

Also a question for bigjon

I figured since you have had experience with both the Sa Zv3 with nightshade soft parts (i do believe correct me if i am wrong lol) .as well as the Zcon 15's , do you think the difference in price is worth it to go with the Zcon's ? I know if you end up wanting to sell the 15's to me shipping is gonna be crazy :S. Also you could probably get more money for them locally lol.

But just let me know what your opinion is and this is of course if i were to go Brand new Zv3 vs Zcon. I love the lows as well as anyone does and i listen to a lil bit of everything but i also would like to get into competing at some point. But thanks in advance man,

Hey I'm about 3 hours north of you. I'm not sure if your building a box but if you need help, I can help you with that.

How is your electrical looking?

Probably gonna go with a 280amp from excessive amperage, if not something else in that range and do 2 d3100's as well as a agm up front. Kind of depends if I run two saz 3000ds or not lol.

As far as the box goes I am thinking I might call up a buddy I used to work with and see if he can build it for me, as I have built boxes before that did what I needed them to do. His extensive experience in wood working as well as the tools he has he can probably do a much better job than I can lol. Just need to get a box design and such foe it once I figure out what indeed I am going to run and so forth.

Should my electrical be sufficient ? And who's alts are normally the cheapest but still quality.

I think I might end up going with the Sundown Audio ZV3 15's unless I can get a steal on some ssa zcons.

I will probably do some more research and put in my order for subs on monday lol.