Sign in to follow this  
AXEHAMMER

Not a versus thread

Was honestly curious how the xcons line up with the fi q's. I always hear great things about both, was just looking for input on how they compare from someone who knows more than me. Which I imagine is about anyone here. Thanks in advance!

To my ear they are very similar in sound, but the xcon seems to get louder. Keep in mind both subs were sealed. Don't know if that helps, but both sound very good!

Thanks Nem, thats basically what I was expecting. Keep em coming guys, I would love to hear some input based on t/s parameters and of course more from people who have heard them both.

Keep in mind IN NO WAY am I regretting my choice of xcons, im just curious about them and the subs that "compete" with them tho I have decided without even hearing them nothing can compete ninja.gif

Can I get an amen SSA brethren? lol

Edited by AXEHAMMER

I have a feeling you won't get alot of these reviews but they would all be VERY subject and dependent on too many variables... But they're both tried and true subwoofers....

Very true Shogen, and certainly dont mean to derail anyones time. I am looking up reviews on other subs just for info, I only posted this as I trust you gentlemen to be honest.

And despite being 33 am still very excited for my purchase and need to fill the time somehow.....so why not with information! :)

Very true Shogen, and certainly dont mean to derail anyones time. I am looking up reviews on other subs just for info, I only posted this as I trust you gentlemen to be honest.

And despite being 33 am still very excited for my purchase and need to fill the time somehow.....so why not with information! smile.png

lol.... grow up!!! also, don't think you'll be disappointed with either but what will you be using to power the substage?

What are your goals with your system? They are both great woofers.

One RF t1500bdcp per sub. Goals? To be loud as possible while retaining sq just like everyone else lol. Im running 12 inch t2s right now and its pretty close to loud enough for me but lets be honest RF doesnt make the highest sq subs on the market. Not that they sound bad by any means. So my theory was going to 15s will get me where i want to be loud wise and switching to xcons would give me the sq im looking for.

Id like to throw a question in here too about orientation. Id like to run them subs up port back but am also looking at port/subs back. My question is, with my box being so tall it would only leave about a foot between the subs and my roof. If i run them to the back theres 18-20 inches between subs and back gate. Would one be better than the other as far as output?

P.S. Im raising 4 kids, so growing up dont sound so appealing when it comes to my one hobby and piece of mind lol

Edited by AXEHAMMER

One RF t1500bdcp per sub. Goals? To be loud as possible while retaining sq just like everyone else lol. Im running 12 inch t2s right now and its pretty close to loud enough for me but lets be honest RF doesnt make the highest sq subs on the market. Not that they sound bad by any means. So my theory was going to 15s will get me where i want to be loud wise and switching to xcons would give me the sq im looking for.

Id like to throw a question in here too about orientation. Id like to run them subs up port back but am also looking at port/subs back. My question is, with my box being so tall it would only leave about a foot between the subs and my roof. If i run them to the back theres 18-20 inches between subs and back gate. Would one be better than the other as far as output?

P.S. Im raising 4 kids, so growing up dont sound so appealing when it comes to my one hobby and piece of mind lol

Dude, you're 33 and have four kids too?  Where the hell you hiding at in this damn boat?  Sounds like we're in the same one!  LOL

Dude, you're 33 and have four kids too?  Where the hell you hiding at in this damn boat?  Sounds like we're in the same one!  LOL

You too bro?!  Im in the bottom of the boat hiding from my wife and all my kids! lol kidding   I wouldnt trade any of it for all the money and *cough KITTY *cough in the world! ;)

Having owned both subs I can say they are both great and you honestly couldnt go wrong with either

Why so tall? What kind of vehicle? SUV subs up, single port back along the bottom would be my choice. I would go 8cu tuned around 30-32hz if they are 15's

The Xcons will sound great, you will like them

Swift, its that tall because im not giving up all my depth in the durango. I haul trash regularly in the very back behind my box. the box is 8 ft net tuned to 33hz.

Do you think being that close to roof will hurt anything if i run them subs up?