Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Knukonceptz neon kca

Couldn't resist ordering some of this stuff. 1st thing I noticed was the weight. I just happen to have the exact same size piece in there kolossus flex and the weight difference is very noticeable. Possibly double! Unable to provide any raw technical info on the wire but it doesn't seem too bad for CCA. Cool color I wanted to use and extremely flexible so this wire is going to work just fine for me.

Glad you posted. I'm waiting on an order as well. Ordered some 1/0, 4, and 8 awg cable in various lengths. Gonna use the pink for a Hello Kitty theme build.

The car is a little Japanese car with white/ pink interior /exterior. Inside will be 8 fosgate 6.5s, 4 tweets, 2 Panasonic batteries, 2 bostwick 4 channels, 2 Orion sub amps, 1 pair Zcon 15s.

Wires from knukon will be pink and some purple.

Looks like some decent wire.

CCA is a marketing gimmick.  Hopefully you bought it for the color and not the performance...

CCA is a marketing gimmick.  Hopefully you bought it for the color and not the performance...

Why though? I mean I know it's current rating is less & takes more strands iirc   But say someone who's only running around 1k watts isn't it ok ?

If made correctly it should be the same. There is a reason why it's larger than copper.

It's not larger, that is the problem.  0 awg CCW has the same cross-sectional area as 0 awg copper, therefore it doesn't have nearly the current capacity...  It is larger only do to strand count and construction, not actual cross-sectional area increases...

I've used this same knu CCA before in the build In my sig. Under 2000 or so watts I don't think ill really notice any problems at all. But for my Malibu build which will have a lot more power I bought the better wire. This stuff is going to work just fine for what I have planned.