Sign in to follow this  
handman84

Ported box for GCON box build

Had this in a 1.35f^3 sealed box and it got down...but I felt like it wanted and needed more :) So I put her in a 2.5f^3  tuned ~33hz and WOW!!! couldn't be happier. I can't believe a $200 sub can play this loud and clean. Everyone who hears it always is impressed at how clear the bass is and that it is only 1 12" sub.

This was my first box design from the ground up. would do a few things differently if I could do it over but overall I am happy with the results...

post-25586-0-49736600-1362664330_thumb.j

post-25586-0-50393400-1362664350_thumb.j

post-25586-0-78773800-1362664369_thumb.j

post-25586-0-93999900-1362664392_thumb.j

Looking good man!

Nice move. :)

Always try new enclosures to improve bass. And now you can do something else : work on electrical, deadening,...etc

Great looking box! I'm sure it sounds a lot louder!

Nice work.

It is TONS louder! The worry I have now is the smell...I coated the inside with fiberglass resin about a week before I had everything ready to install, put the sub in the box and the box in my trunk last night and I can still smell the resin. It's not horribly bad but is there a chance the fumes will damage my sub?  Like I said, its not real bad, just when I get in the car I notice the smell, I just worry about the fumes breaking down the glues on the driver...should I be concerned?