AXEHAMMER

Decaf

Wasn't sure where to put this, so admin feel free to move. I keep hearing about Decaf and some zip files and that its really low tuned music. Could someone point me in the right direction? Where do I find it, what do I use to download it? is the quality good?

It's a different mix of regular and slowed songs plus instrumentals, some with added bass lines some with just boosted bass lines. A lot of loud songs but the overall quality is lacking in most of what I heard.

I know there were issue in the past on other forums with the posting of links to the files because of copyrights so I won't post a link here but if you google decaf music/decaf zips his facebook profile should pop up and you'll find out what you need from there.

Edited by A.SMALL

Thanks Small!

No prob man!

I would just say be careful with it, i'm not sure how clean the music is in regards to clipping maybe others can comment on that.

On these zips, can you change the song or is it necessary to just fast forward to the next if you don't like one?

Quality is meh... but if all you want is bass then they get down.

Quality is meh... but if all you want is bass then they get down.

Thanks jay, that's all im looking for is some more demo songs, and something that will actually get down to the notes these xcons seem to eat for breakfast :) It seems hard to find sub 35hz in most songs these days

Without getting too technical (because I can't lol) the zip file is just a file that contains the actual folders that hold the music. So playing them is just like playing any other mp3 file but first you need a program to extract the folders from the downloaded file I use Win RAR and it's pretty simple to use.

Got it. Thanks again small. once you open and extract the folder the songs are listed with their hz. awesome!

i have not had any problems with any of his songs and i have checked out some of his songs and did not find any clipping of the bassline.

ram designs website, there's a tab that says decaf music, best place to get it

already on it thirty! But thank you all the same :)

Good info ram, thanks.

no problem. i would say be careful though, his songs are pretty loud, makes clipping easier.

He definitely has some songs that get low in the 20's & low 30's. And putting the peak frequencies in the title is nice too unless you have a headunit that runs out of character space to display the titles smh ---> Pioneer AVH 4300.

In my experience XCON + Decaf = WTF face & "I never heard lows like that before" from people that have sat in my car lol.

I have tons of bass cds and thought that was about as good as it gets for lows, then I tried some decaf. His stuff is awesome, crazy lows. I jam it on the way home almost every day now.

Lol, im a new fan! Gonna go take my lunch hour and see what all the fuss is about.....

No prob man!

I would just say be careful with it, i'm not sure how clean the music is in regards to clipping maybe others can comment on that.

He makes sure there is no clipping present in any of his songs. (it is possible that there are a few songs out of hundreds that are clipped but that's only because he couldn't find a non-clipped original version of the song, but even then he tries to 'clean' up the song)

Thanks 007, that eases my mind even more about hammering on these decaf zips

You do have to know that the bass lines are a lot louder then most songs. (coming pretty close to 0 / -1dB.)

You do have to know that the bass lines are a lot louder then most songs. (coming pretty close to 0 / -1dB.)

The way I read this is that I might want to put my subwoofer output on -5 instead of at 0?

If it doesn't have caffeine it is fake

stupid fake music jon.gif

I've not had any issue playing his music at the same levels as other music, but your setup may vary.

Thanks polish, just wasn't sure how much difference it made for those notes to be at those levels. Im still VERY much learning this stuffs