AXEHAMMER

Decaf

I personally like caffeinated myself

Im going to put myself out there and look like a total tool, but w140 and m5 are referring to coffee and not music because of my thread title.....right?  peepwall.gif

That is correct.

Im embarrassed but HAD to ask...sorry

Haha, no worries.

You do have to know that the bass lines are a lot louder then most songs. (coming pretty close to 0 / -1dB.)

That does not matter much, that is the peak of the song, not the rms. a lot of the time the rms is 5-10 db lower than the peak. On the songs i edit, the peak on some of the loudest songs are close to 0-5 db but the rms is usually 8-12.

^ could you elaborate on all that for me? the db level changes with rms...what? lol sorry man im very new to all this

Also, songs like "on my level" seem to hit just as hard if not harder than some of these decaf songs. How does that work? Also, is there ways of doing this that it doesn't slow down the actual beat of the song? I like faster beats to music but LOVE the lows, and it seems only a few songs pull that off. such as "we still in this bitch" "I put on" to name a couple.

You could play them in fast forward. Hahaha... Nah man, it's just slowed music, that is what makes the bass so low in some of them. You slow a 50hz tone to half speed and it's now a 25hz tone, roughly. Some are the same song but with more bass or sine waves added it seems like, just depends on the song. It's not so much that they will hit *harder* than other music with bass but that there is usually a lot more of it or longer tones, so it's a bit more impact. I just like it more because most of the other stuff I have doesn't have much in terms of under 40hz minus a few random songs. If you already have a collection full of low heavy music, it might not seem all that impressive. 

I WISH I had a collection of sub 40 songs, but as you said they are very few and far between. As usual I want both things and only one is possible lol. I want fast beats with lots of super low bass. "Ain't gonna happen" as my pops use to say.

here ill hook you up :D

here ill hook you up biggrin.png

You sir, are DA MAN :)

Decaf is good stuff. Most of it is "clean", which has been said early on. I bump it all the time, just because alot of it slams so low. I've never had an issue with clipping, and I sometimes run it near full tilt. Get all 31 zip files and enjoy it.

i use his and Dj slow and throwed

Thanks Tearz!

Thanks Tearz!

No probz Axe. I checked out your vids man, xcons getting wicked. Good stuff man.

My entire promod collection is altered bass lines without slowing the music down.

For those who compete on the East Coast, I only hand the flash drives out at shows when i receive notice in advance.

MY last set of mixes done recently is the Harlem Shake.

All 3 popular versions remixed.

^ could you elaborate on all that for me? the db level changes with rms...what? lol sorry man im very new to all this

sure, in music there are db levels, with 0 being the max point, such as -5 db or -10 db. you can take music into audacity and see what peaks are in a song, for instance the song may show a peak at 30hz of -3db, but the rms of it could be around -10db rms. doesnt mean a ton unless you like to set your amp with tones, but also tones the rms is usually higher than music. for instance, a -3db tone's rms would most likely be -6db rms (-3 db down from peak) to where music rms levels of -3db would most likely be around -10db or less. So, say you set your amp with a -5 db tone, the rms would most likely be -8 rms, well if you start going over -8 rms, then that would be clipping. the explanation may be lacking a bit, im pretty tired right now.

but anyways, i think i remember decaf tell some people on another forum that if they listened to his songs and they used a smd dd-1 or o-scope to set their gains then he recommended using the -5 db tone or be careful with anything over that. 

anyway, i set my gains with a tone and on any songs that i had problems with i went and edited the bassline to make them a little quieter, until i got my zed ra, then i set the ra's compressor to kick in around the tone i used and i have not had any problems with my sub getting hot, which would happen if i was not careful with the bass knob level on certain songs.

MY last set of mixes done recently is the Harlem Shake.

All 3 popular versions remixed.

Can they be downloaded somewhere?

The SSA family should meet up in middle Tennessee and do a shake video SSA style. make it.....evil lol

i has a loud front stage and substage and all three of those versions are awesome, the first is the best for the killer lows and the 2nd one is the best for stationary demoing.

Thanks, Sean. :)

Wish the 35Hz stayed a bit longer on the classical version you see on videos(number 3) to match my setup.

You should put your music in your signature. ;)