Going to be making my own port flares.. My dad works at a machine shop and has access to a lathe with will make things easier. He's gonna make me a mold so I can just fibreglass over it to make my flares. Now, I was hoping I could get some help with dimensions of the flare, it's going to be a 10" port, and I need to know what diameter to flare out to, and how deep to make the flare.

Iv heard add 4" to the diameter but that could be total BS, but iv got no clue as far as how deep the flare should be.

I would just buy some of Adrian's port flares ;)

Adding 4" to the diameter would give you a 2" radius flare. That should be enough of a flare. It's gonna be one hell of a mold, read pricey, but hell, if you can, then do. Good luck. Post pics of the mold being made. :)

It's not going to be a full 2 piece mold obviously :P. basically just going to be a 'plug' that I'll slide the port over, then fibreglass for the perfect flare everytime :)

It's actually not kosher up to ask me straight up what size are my flares. Go ask Scott to tell you intricate design details on the N3. If he does, I will tell you exact sizes. 

It's actually not kosher up to ask me straight up what size are my flares. Go ask Scott to tell you intricate design details on the N3. If he does, I will tell you exact sizes. 

Perhaps he was hoping you would chime in, but he never specifically asked you about yours, so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape. :peepwall:

Perhaps he was hoping you would chime in, but he never specifically asked you about yours, so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape. peepwall.gif

Perhaps there is more to the story. :)

No, I did ask him directly. Didn't think it would be an issue.. Just had some difficultly finding good specifications online. I know Adrian makes great flares so I asked. Didn't know flares were all secretive. Sorry :)

Why would he share his product information with a possible competitor? Something he spent a lint time perfecting.

What is the logic in spending more time and money instead of just buying some from someone has already put that time in? Do you really need that many that you think you can amortize your investment better this way?

No, I did ask him directly. Didn't think it would be an issue.. Just had some difficultly finding good specifications online. I know Adrian makes great flares so I asked. Didn't know flares were all secretive. Sorry smile.png

Flares are secretive when he put in the time, effort and money to research and develop his product.

What's wrong with simply purchasing some of Adrian's flares?

I think he want to make and sell them himself.

No.. I don't want to sell them myself. I enjoy making things myself. I don't see the problem with this. I understand he put time and effort into it, some people don't mind sharing their knowledge with other people. It's fine, I'll do my more research and figure it out myself.

Apologies to you Adrian, didn't mean to cause any problems.

No.. I don't want to sell them myself. I enjoy making things myself. I don't see the problem with this. I understand he put time and effort into it, some people don't mind sharing their knowledge with other people. It's fine, I'll do my more research and figure it out myself.

When that knowledge allows people to compete with his own product or makes his product obsolete....then no, that typically isn't shared. 

When that knowledge allows people to compete with his own product or makes his product obsolete....then no, that typically isn't shared. 

I understand this now, As Iv said 2 times before, Sorry.   Hate causing problems and making myself look like a dick.

I not sure of any free program that can calculate them. Maybe horn responce? What I can tell you is that "ideal" port flare rate and diameter will change depending on the tuning frequency.

I calculate the chamfer and pole ID the same way you calculate a port in a box. I however have spread sheets and Lua Script that I use along with Mathcad.

Perhaps he was hoping you would chime in, but he never specifically asked you about yours, so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape. peepwall.gif

Perhaps there is more to the story. smile.png

Appears so. :lol:

<--The Jackass.