S.DeYoung

Two 15" SSA GCON Infinite Baffle D2 Woofers

Yes the rms rating is the same

One still available

<---- Would still like to know what the differences are from a normal Gcon smile.png

Totally missed your post.  I would need to double check with Scott as it has been quite a while, but mostly it consisted of steel being machined out of the motor and a change in the spider pack IIRC.

What size box do they need for inifinite baffle?

What size box do they need for inifinite baffle?

It is an infinite baffle. So not really a "box".  You could probaby throw them in a box though I am sure.

Edited by mdizzle5472

An infinitely large one, lol. Or 10x to 3x VAS depending on your anal-ness

I bought one of these subs to run IB to replace a JBL GT5-15.  This was my 2nd IB set up and the second sub in my current car.  I am running this sub mono on the rear channels of a DD S4b amp so close to 700w and it could take more easily.  It was very impressive to hear the difference this sub made over the JBL.  Granted the JBL is not a high end sub but had great specs for IB.   I was a little worried the GCON would sound boomy after seeing the QTS of .948 being that everyone recommends using something around .6 but it is far from muddy or boomy. 

I have been around car audio since the late 80's so I have heard and owned a lot of different subs that would be considered to be some of the best SQ subs you could buy.   This one is right up there with the best of them and would dare to say better than most.   If you are considering going IB you can't go wrong with this sub.   

.9 total Q is A-OK for IB...

I bought one of these subs to run IB to replace a JBL GT5-15.  This was my 2nd IB set up and the second sub in my current car.  I am running this sub mono on the rear channels of a DD S4b amp so close to 700w and it could take more easily.  It was very impressive to hear the difference this sub made over the JBL.  Granted the JBL is not a high end sub but had great specs for IB.   I was a little worried the GCON would sound boomy after seeing the QTS of .948 being that everyone recommends using something around .6 but it is far from muddy or boomy. 

I have been around car audio since the late 80's so I have heard and owned a lot of different subs that would be considered to be some of the best SQ subs you could buy.   This one is right up there with the best of them and would dare to say better than most.   If you are considering going IB you can't go wrong with this sub.   

Thank you for posting that review

These are both sold