alien04_zps84ff7e75.jpg

There's no reason to hate so hard, I read up on them before I bought them and they had good reviews, obviously not the best tweeter and its built for loudness, but that's not why I was going for, if I don't like it then I can sell them. It's not a big deal, I've already got my eye on some tweets and mids from madisound. They are quite a bit more expensive but I'm willing to try a few different speakers to see what I like.

You guys are straight up and I know that, but there's a point where it's your overreacting. ONCE AGIAN, I'm just trying different things out. Cause I'm not sure exactly what I want. Anyways ill still check my mounting depth tonight when I'm changing my tires, and get back to you guys to see if the ones I'm looking at are a good match. Thanks guys. ;)

Oh an also in reference to location, I've said that several times, so maybe you should reread, ill make it easy for you though if I wasn't clear enough.

Tweeters are going in the a pillars at an Angle slightly towards windshield. I've heard lots of tweeters like this and I like the broad sound it gives. The mids I'm gonna mount to the doors pretty much the way anybody would, if I do multiple mids in each door ill glass but otherwise just factory 6.5 location.

Sorry for 3 posts in a row but I noticed you said I didn't say a budget either, but that has also been said. Agian around 100 dollars per speaker. Maybe slightly more though 100-150 would be fine.

I will save you some time and money. Forget the active setup, what you are trying to achieve is not sound quality and there is no reason to go active. Find a nice pair of components and install them. I have had great results with these budget component sets:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-kits/hi-vi-fr600-6-2-way-autosound-system/

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/car-speaker-kits/zaph%7Caudio-za5-autosound-2-way-pair/

but really you should listen to a set of component speakers before you purchase them.

I feel like I'm not getting everything across, and the situation. I'm not sure how the best way to choose a speaker, I don't have enough experience. What I go on is frequency response, sensitivity, and rms. I usually look at the graphs and such also. I'm learning, but trying different things is part of that. Anyways I am listening to you guys, for sure. don't get me wrong. If it sounds as bad as you say then it will change don't think everything is set in stone.

Hopefully all this clears this thread a little.

I'm going active cause Ive used the 80prs and I love it, and it would be a shame not to use it's best feature

How about we go this way with this thread, this is kinda of a mess, ignore everything about the crescendos, I'm going to pick out some some raw drivers, and you guys can give your opinion on if they will mate well, and if I'm going in the right direction with my choices driver wise. Agreeable?

Makes things a little easier for you guys hopefully.

Also before that what should I look for, as in some generalities that make a driver better then another one? And what not good maybe? That'd probably help

You need to fugue out how they will be mounted first.

A driver designed to work off axis sealed may not be the best driver to used Infinant baffle or ported.

Tweeter kinda has to be sealed cause of where it's being put, but the mids will just be in the doors. so unless it will make a big difference I likely won't seal those off, considering how difficult that is.

I've never listened to a super tweeter that sounded nice. Were they all in bad installs or what ? I don't know.

Don't listen to the youngsters loving the super tweeters and the cheap "pro audio drivers" : it's a matter of references. Did they ever listened to a good home stereo system in their lifes, or only mp3's on shitty headphones ?

I'd like to try an active setup someday, but it is much easier (for me) with a passive component set.

Good luck OP !

I've never listened to a super tweeter that sounded nice. Were they all in bad installs or what ? I don't know.

Don't listen to the youngsters loving the super tweeters and the cheap "pro audio drivers" : it's a matter of references. Did they ever listened to a good home stereo system in their lifes, or only mp3's on shitty headphones ?

I'd like to try an active setup someday, but it is much easier (for me) with a passive component set.

Good luck OP !

I'm just trying it out, even if I did like them, I likely wouldn't keep it there as I like changing things a lot.

Messed up my back today so I wasn't able to do anything with the ol' bronco, tomorrow for sure.

I was looking at tweeters and liked the look of this tweeter: Morel ET448, and this mid: Morel TiW 634Ft Titanium 6".

a little on the expensive side, but that's ok.

I was thinking about it also and I think I'm going to just put both the mid and the tweeter in the door.

There's no reason to hate so hard, I read up on them before I bought them and they had good reviews, obviously not the best tweeter and its built for loudness, but that's not why I was going for, if I don't like it then I can sell them. It's not a big deal, I've already got my eye on some tweets and mids from madisound. They are quite a bit more expensive but I'm willing to try a few different speakers to see what I like.

You guys are straight up and I know that, but there's a point where it's your overreacting. ONCE AGIAN, I'm just trying different things out. Cause I'm not sure exactly what I want. Anyways ill still check my mounting depth tonight when I'm changing my tires, and get back to you guys to see if the ones I'm looking at are a good match. Thanks guys. wink.png

Not over reacting at all. The FT1 is absolutely TERRIBLE for car audio. Whatever site that you read good reviews on is full of morons. Hell it isn't even a tweeter. It is a SUPER tweeter. Meaning you NEED a dedicated midrange to mate with it AND a midbass. To even come close to using one you MUST have a three way. To make matters worse, it is by far the most efficient driver which means even with a few monster midbasses and midranges you don't even need the output capability of that tweeter. Absolutely butt stupid to use a driver with the extra efficiency (since it is proportional to lack of frequency reach) in a frequency range where you do not need the sensitivity but could REALLY use the frequency extension of another driver.

It is truly a horseshit product. There is one place they fit in car audio. In one of those cars that has speakers all over every surface in the car, but that is a whole nother level of moron.

Oh an also in reference to location, I've said that several times, so maybe you should reread, ill make it easy for you though if I wasn't clear enough.

Tweeters are going in the a pillars at an Angle slightly towards windshield. I've heard lots of tweeters like this and I like the broad sound it gives. The mids I'm gonna mount to the doors pretty much the way anybody would, if I do multiple mids in each door ill glass but otherwise just factory 6.5 location.

icon_pics-stfu.gif

I feel like I'm not getting everything across, and the situation. I'm not sure how the best way to choose a speaker, I don't have enough experience. What I go on is frequency response, sensitivity, and rms. I usually look at the graphs and such also. I'm learning, but trying different things is part of that. Anyways I am listening to you guys, for sure. don't get me wrong. If it sounds as bad as you say then it will change don't think everything is set in stone.

Then read the noob posting guidelines and make a decent thread about it. They are in my signature btw. Even your topic title is a fail if you are looking for speakers. Exactly why most of us didn't stop in to visit the thread. An amp is pretty much an amp. The install is what'll make up the difference.

Messed up my back today so I wasn't able to do anything with the ol' bronco, tomorrow for sure.

I was looking at tweeters and liked the look of this tweeter: Morel ET448, and this mid: Morel TiW 634Ft Titanium 6".

I was thinking about it also and I think I'm going to just put both the mid and the tweeter in the door.

STOP searching for drivers. It isn't helping. You MUST define the install FIRST!

And if this is the attitude and energy you are putting into it, I couldn't agree more with 140. Get some off the shelf components. You aren't anywhere near close to being ready to run active. It will sound WAY worse than comps with the mechanisms you are using to define your install. WAY.

You guys are straight up and I know that, but there's a point where it's your overreacting. ONCE AGIAN, I'm just trying different things out. Cause I'm not sure exactly what I want. Anyways ill still check my mounting depth tonight when I'm changing my tires, and get back to you guys to see if the ones I'm looking at are a good match. Thanks guys. wink.png

Not over reacting at all. The FT1 is absolutely TERRIBLE for car audio. Whatever site that you read good reviews on is full of morons. Hell it isn't even a tweeter. It is a SUPER tweeter. Meaning you NEED a dedicated midrange to mate with it AND a midbass. To even come close to using one you MUST have a three way. To make matters worse, it is by far the most efficient driver which means even with a few monster midbasses and midranges you don't even need the output capability of that tweeter. Absolutely butt stupid to use a driver with the extra efficiency (since it is proportional to lack of frequency reach) in a frequency range where you do not need the sensitivity but could REALLY use the frequency extension of another driver.

It is truly a horseshit product. There is one place they fit in car audio. In one of those cars that has speakers all over every surface in the car, but that is a whole nother level of moron.

icon_pics-stfu.gif

Then read the noob posting guidelines and make a decent thread about it. They are in my signature btw. Even your topic title is a fail if you are looking for speakers. Exactly why most of us didn't stop in to visit the thread. An amp is pretty much an amp. The install is what'll make up the difference.

STOP searching for drivers. It isn't helping. You MUST define the install FIRST!

And if this is the attitude and energy you are putting into it, I couldn't agree more with 140. Get some off the shelf components. You aren't anywhere near close to being ready to run active. It will sound WAY worse than comps with the mechanisms you are using to define your install. WAY.

Ignore the ft1! Haha I don't care, and I was originally looking for an amp but I keep changing my mind about things. Originally I was only doing 4 dcons now I'm doing 6.. Things change.

Anyways I'm going active, and hey if I have to change mids and tweets around different locations, or buy try different ones altogether I'm good with that. You don't seem to understand that, and I've been reading all the switching to active threads to get some ideas since you guys won't get off the subject of the ft1. Ft1 is irrelevant at this point.

Anyways I'm sorry that I keep switching things up, I should have decided before making the thread, but there is so many options. Heck at one point I was going to run the incriminator components, and yes I'm sure they would have sounded good, but active would be a challenge, and take some time to tune. Way more interesting in my opinion.

Ill let you guys know how it works out in the end, but at this point all I'm getting is hate, which I suppose isn't surprising. I like you guys but you jump at the chance of smashing someone to bits in their thread.

Thanks for your attempts to help! Appreciate it either way.