Ceez9090

2 15 xcons in a sealed box. will a ported box give me a noticable diff

Ok I got my new install done which consist of 2 15 xcons facing cabin in a sealed box, ran off a crescendo BC 3500. My question is will it be a significant gain in output if I go with a ported box instead. Only reason we went sealed was shortage in trunk space given space we had enough for opt sealed enclosure. Any info?

Don't worry about what is optimall. Measure and post the max deminsions you can use

THIS!!!

Yes

Don't worry about what is optimall. Measure and post the max deminsions you can use

Well I really dont know all the measurements inside of trunk and it will be quite a bit of work to remove the current box because it takes up entire trunk, which is an 05 Pontiac grand prix, box was built in two pieces just to fit in trunk. My box guy was saying only way to get enough space would be to come in to back seating area to get the 4ft3 needed for each sub opt ported enclosure.

I'm not concerned with what the box guy thinks what the sub needs. You tell us the maximum volume you have to work with and ill tell you what will work.

I'm not concerned with what the box guy thinks what the sub needs. You tell us the maximum volume you have to work with and ill tell you what will work.

ok so my trunk dementions are w36" H16" D32". So can a good ported box be built. Thanks for any info

I'd say if the volume is good throw an aeroport in it and call it a day.

I guess it's different for a car, but I'm going sealed from a ported box to allow me to utilize more of my trunk space.  After a vacation with four people and all the luggage, it sucked have a ported box for just one fifteen.  I've had a sealed before, and it probably won't be optimal, but the trunk space means more to me.  All in personal preference.  You will yield a bigger output, though.