its set in distance

when i use the tc table in the manual i have to work out the time in ms so i look at the table @ ms and then use the distance they give for that ms ,but my only worry is that i have a very small kar and the distance they give are very high for example the LF is 210 and its confusing i got the staging righ infront of me but teh instriments sounds very far and narrow so im realy depressed i have been batteling with the ta now for a coupple of months

there's more to tuning than just TA. 

when i use the tc table in the manual i have to work out the time in ms so i look at the table @ ms and then use the distance they give for that ms ,but my only worry is that i have a very small kar and the distance they give are very high for example the LF is 210 and its confusing i got the staging righ infront of me but teh instriments sounds very far and narrow so im realy depressed i have been batteling with the ta now for a coupple of months

Where did you get 210 from?

If you are using your subwoofer as the furthest speaker, then you would leave the time delay for that set to zero.  You would then set the TA for the rest of the speakers to the difference in their distance from you compared to the subwoofer. 

For example, you would set the time delay for the LF to 27, the RF to 50, so on and so forth.

ok thanks i will do that and see how it works out will post when finnished

ok that sounds much beter ,another question my hu is 4v on its outputs and my amp is 4v sensitive how to i set the amp the correct way to get its full potencial

You can't unless you set it in such a way that on some songs you are WAY over potential. Recordings vary too much for that to be a reality.

The best way is to use your ears and CONSTANTLY be listening for stress. I set mine hot so that during a song I can adjust as appropriate. Until your ears are trained well to hear this you should be more conservative.

Since you are running active you need to do this first for every set of drivers INDEPENDENTLY. (ie, tweeters, mids, sub). Then you need to blend them together. 95% of the time the limiting driver is the mid so you normally balance to it.

One other warning. Post setting gains if you change your crossover at all you may have to readjust your gains. Again showing the importance of listening for stress ALL the time.

ok thanks great advise will do so ,i set it like that but ife changed alot since buy ear i think im almost there the imaging is much beter and its wider than it was .its true i had to set the gains again because like you sed there where stres point i could hear in some songs

ok so i have another question ,i see you can set the crossover for each speaker but the way i understand you cant have differnt frequencys for your mids is that true

the reason im asking is if heard that after ta you have to set the phasing in the speaker but dont have a clue how to do it machanical phasing is correct but dont know how the other

I didn't really understand your question.

Your sub will have a low pass

You mids a HP & LP

Your tweet a HP

Setting a different xover for each mid wouldn't make sense as they should be matched in a stereo pair for a stereo install.

Mechanical phasing is not a goal. If it was you wouldn't use t/a. For the drivers to mechanically do exactly the same thing would directly mean that the time of arrival for the sound would be determined based on their distance from you. By adding delay to some channels (known as t/a) you alleviate this concern.

o ok thanks ,my tweeters are on the dashboard at the moment but i was thinking of fitting the on the a pillars ,fabricate the a pillars so they could fit nicely ,my question is would it make any differnce in the sound

Definitely a difference. The question is would it be a positive one. I usually use funtac to hold them in place to hear different locations before mounting.

good tip thanks ,i was thinking of taking it to an installer to do because of exactly that point ,dont want to mess it up

More likely that the installer will than you. It can take WEEKS to get the locations nailed.

i was also thinking i have 2 jl 10w3v3 subwoofers and was thinking of putting 1 10w7 in but the question is will it be beter wil it justify the money ,or should i fit 2 6inc subs under my front seats ,

so the best would be to put them on like you sed and keep on trying angles ,good point ,i just saved myself 200 % ,thanks alot

comming from spl after 15 years i must say for the first time im really lisening to my music and enjouing it much more ,must be because im getting older lol,but never thought there is so much to learn ,but i know with your help i know ill get there

i wass wondering how i could get the instremants detail clearer

ok i want to put the tweeters on the apillars today but like you sed will have to play with the angle ,just to make it a bit easyer on myself is it better to have the tweerter closer to the dashboard or higher up on the apillar say closer to ear hight ,thanks

Depends on the car and mounting angle. There are no golden rules. Sometimes reflections help, much of the time they hurt. Exactly why it takes weeks to nail things down. To make things more confusing it is very possible your crossover settings change a bit depending on location. Your t/a & eq definitely will. There are a crap ton of variables running active and unless you play with them all you are really minimizing the whole point of the gains.

Start with really low and then a ways higher. Will give you a baseline for if in between makes sense.

thanks ,the only problem i wass thinking about is THE t my cluster sits ontop of the dash and like you sed reflections but ill start low and then move upwards ,i was thinking of starting of by pointing the tweeter to the oppiset heasrest but will try all hights and angles

but isnt it beter to have your tweeter and mid as close as possible