nem

SSA VW Beetle

Ok so a little update on the Beetle progress.

New sway bar bushings and linkages.

New struts.

New break pads.

New valve cover gasket.

New plugs and wires.

Fresh 75/90 in the trans.

I had planned on taking pictures, but forgot all about it once I started working today.

I have been running distilled water since I bought it and it looks good, so tomorrow I will but new VW coolant in it and tear the rear end apart for inspection.

Might I add new plugs made this little bug very peppy! My daughter chirped the tires 3 times today shifting. Look out Aaron she will be coming down for racing lessons before long. ;)

That thing is going to be brand new when you get done! I wish I was capable of 1/10th of what you can do.

That thing is going to be brand new when you get done! I wish I was capable of 1/10th of what you can do.

Thanks Rick. I have been lucky enough to be exposed to a lot of things. My plan is for my daughter to have a very nice and reliable beetle, then the stereo will come.

nice start Neal

nice start Neal

Thanks Danny. :)

Might I add new plugs made this little bug very peppy! My daughter chirped the tires 3 times today shifting. Look out Aaron she will be coming down for racing lessons before long. wink.png

Wow, you are putting in a lot of work on the car.

Might I add new plugs made this little bug very peppy! My daughter chirped the tires 3 times today shifting. Look out Aaron she will be coming down for racing lessons before long. wink.png

Wow, you are putting in a lot of work on the car.

For sure! The way I see it when I buy a used car there are things 99.9% of people don't do because they are cheap, lazy, or just don't know. I am lucky enough to be able to do almost everything and the connection at the parts store.

I would never let my son or daughter drive a car I had questions with. Nothing will be left untouched by me.

Today brought some fun work. I removed the entire dash and clean everything. Found out why they had to put a new blower motor in it. Cabin filter completely plugged with debris. After this I felt the need to remove the center console and do the samething, also inspected the ebrake cables and adjusted.

After all that I replaced the rear tires to match the new ones on the front. Only things left to do is timing belt, tensioner, and water pump.

looks nice reminds me of me and my dad putting my first system in my 98 jimmy

looks nice reminds me of me and my dad putting my first system in my 98 jimmy

Thank you. Her system will come for Christmas. She just does not know, yet.

oh yeah my birthday is on december first so i saved birthday money and asked for money for christmas and saved up money as a busser i was so proud of my first system even though its probably been my worst 

oh yeah my birthday is on december first so i saved birthday money and asked for money for christmas and saved up money as a busser i was so proud of my first system even though its probably been my worst 

We all start some where and working with your father is always a plus. :)

yeah he told me the basics then i got on here a few years ago i used to not post but just read but yall have taught me alot on the forum

Cool car, I've never seen that green either. My first VW was green too, also a bug, just a wee bit older - '59.

I learned (the hard way) that they make some killer Sound Quality machines ...

Like the dash, huh? Distance is always your friend.

So after a short nap this morning, 7 till 10 I was wide awake and figured why not tear into the rear end of the beetle. I completely removed the swing are and replaced all bushings, wheel bearings, and shocks. Fun job, but very time consuming. The good news is I found the cause of a noise that was driving me nuts. The mechanic who put new breaks on this car never installed the pad springs which allowed the pad to hit the rotor when the car would hit a decent bump. My FIL has pads on order, but I have to wait until he returns from vacation to get the rest of my parts.

Only things left to do at this point are the timing belt, tensioner pulley, water pump, and rear break pads.

Then the system in December.

I bet the system comes before December

I bet the system comes before December

I am going to do my best to hold off till then. :)

Alright the only things left to do is new coolant and rear brakes. Coolant tomorrow and brakes friday. Almost finished! :woot:

Alright the only things left to do is new coolant and rear brakes. Coolant tomorrow and brakes friday. Almost finished! woot.gif

Wow.  Nice work.

Alright the only things left to do is new coolant and rear brakes. Coolant tomorrow and brakes friday. Almost finished! woot.gif

Wow.  Nice work.

Thanks. :)

I think that ride needs a 12 zcon.lol

I think that ride needs a 12 zcon.lol

My daughter might agree, but I am going to keep things on the moderate side. :)