rowdyful7

slanted box

im doing a build here in the next few months and im doing it in a 2007 dodge dakota and i want to do two 15s and the box on my back seats i was wondering if i could slant the bottom of the box where when i hit the breaks or something it wont tip forward all the time or will slanting the box make it sound horrible and if anyone has any other ideas to keep the box still without removing the seat i would appreciate any positive input  

Surely, shape isnt a concern but internal volume is

I would suggest finding a way to secure the enclosure to prevent it from tipping, rather than rely on shape. If you were to end up in an accident, if it's not secured it could really do some damage. This would be my first priority.

A box big enough for 2 15's could be a big projectile in an accident.

yeah i was just in an accident thats why i have a new truck and the money to do a build it was a really bad accident a drunk driver hit me and fliped my truck backwards i should think of safety more does anyone have any ideas 

i was thinking maybe a custom tow strap with somthing cool on it so i could wrap it around and go behind the box and strap it maybe to behind the seats but i dont think anyone makes custom tow straps hahaharunlaugh.gif

if you're going to lose the use of the back seats anyway why not just remove them. Once the seat is gone there will be a number of very solid mounting points where the seat was bolted in.

well its not strait across theres its like the seats fold up and down into a mold of the seat

Lay a board down in back and screw the box down into it.  Or do something like I just did:

20130816_123440_zpsf6cb4a97.jpg

thanks i like that idea idk how im going to get it to work in my truck though im really leaning toward a strap right now but ii would want one that said something cool and went along with the box but i have until december to think about it thats when my settlement money comes in i just thought i would post this now while im still hurt and cooped up in the house

Should snap a few pictures of your back seat area. Might get some better ideas if we're able to see it. I would just pull the seats out and somehow build a false floor secured down and screw box to that.

In my SUV what I did to secure the sealed enclosure I have in it was to take some flat stock steel from the local hardware store that had holes in it, bolted it through one of the UAS? (UAL?) anchors (meant for securing infant/child seats) and secured it to the box with a bolt and t-nut.

Like this here: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/papc-1-3-8x36-slt-flats-zinc/956909

Edited by nigel

ill upload some pictures in the next few days i really dont want to lose my back seat if theres any way around it i want 2 12s or 1 15 and have enough room for a person to sit back there if there is any way i can but it wont be until december so i have alot of time to think

Is there any room under the seats?  Maybe you could do 4 8s or something like that.  If you look on here or on SMD forum (sorry lol) in the build logs section there are a couple trucks who have done this.