So i went a lil over budget when i ordered my sub so i need to go kind of cheap on amp. I have a 18" D2 Death Penalty on the way that is 2k rms. I have read through page after page of post on this and other forums but still need some help. i have narrowed it down to 6  brands which i am all sure would be fine but was wondering if you guys could help to which tends to be a more efficient brand. I will list them in the order i was debating purchase just to see if i was even close lol

1. Soundstream Rubicon series

2. Hifonics BRZ

3. Massive Audio N series

4. MB Quart RA

5. PPI BK

6. RE Audio

Thanks! I am sure you guys get hit with questions like this all the time...was planning on a sundown but like i said over budget lol

have you looked at buying used?

have had really bad luck with used in the past

What is your budget for the amp? that would help with suggestions.

Im biased:

the last experience with soundstream was a 2500 watt "tarantula" series that never clamped more than 1700 watts.

hifonics is ehh if you cant do any better. Gain has to be cranked to get any real results

Mb quart Is Hifionics 

all Biased personal opinions^

no experience with the other three.

Soundqubed is having a cyber monday sale on their 2200 though... and Im a huge soundqubed nut hugger.

Less then 250. and the monday sale wont help i am gonna have to wait a few months to get the amp. Was just wondering which of the cheaper brands tend to be more electrical system friendly..if there is such a thing lol

anything in that power range will require you to do the big 3 at the very least. i doubt any have a significant advantage over the other. not like you could even hear the difference between a couple hundred watts anyways. 

That is helpful, if you want electrical friendly don't go with hifonics. They are power hungry for the wattage they put out. Rockford fosgate prime 1200 would be good for your application.

i had heard hifonics wasn't that bad. so that's good to know. Already planning at least the big 3. figured wouldn't really be able to hear the difference between 1500 & 2000 watts maybe 1db diff so i am not going to strain my system for something i won't really notice

Yeah 1500 to 2000 is a small difference. So you got the right idea, there are a ton of great options at that power level too, you are at a great level. I wish I hadn't gone the direction I went with my amplifier purchase sometimes... Haha

PPI BK18001d.

Refurb Sundown SAZ1500 from db-r

Tons of saled at Soundqubed.

thats what i am pretty sure im going to go with the ppi amp. if things are better cash wise when i go to order i will grab the sundown

Don't go cheap on buying a amp.... More than likely you won't be getting enough power to your sub therefore you'll crank up the gain.. All down hill from there!!! Lol

The gain position is meaningless.  It doesn't matter if it is all the way clockwise or counterclockwise...

Have you designed/built your box yet?  How do you know what size amp to get if you haven't?

If you already have $250, keep on saving little by little. When you're ready to buy you'll have enough to get whatever amp you want.
db-r has some great deals, more than often. Take your time ...if you can !