dragon123443

pioneer headunits, subwoofer settings

Hello SSA

I am wanting to know what are the subwoofer settings on the head units supposed to be set at? I am trying to get the most possible but I'm assuming if they are turned up all the way up I'll be clipping? no really sure where to set them at. Anyone please help lol

also sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find a thread on it.

I always start at 0 and adjust from there.

I always start at 0 and adjust from there.

does yours start at 0 or goes into the negatives?

Goes way into the negatives I believe. If I remember right I have it set in the negatives. It's a deh 80prs

I usually leave mine at 0 and then go + or - a notch or two depending on if the song has not enough or too much bass. I have an 80prs as well, and it is set to 0.

I usually leave mine at 0 and then go + or - a notch or two depending on if the song has not enough or too much bass. I have an 80prs as well, and it is set to 0.

Gotcha, so when you set the gains to your amp you are usually around 0?

Goes way into the negatives I believe. If I remember right I have it set in the negatives. It's a deh 80prs

Mine seems to go from -24 to +6 .

yes they go from -24 to +6.I set my gain at zero and don't go any higher than that.I listen to mine on a dailey between -24 and -15

yes they go from -24 to +6.I set my gain at zero and don't go any higher than that.I listen to mine on a dailey between -24 and -15

Oh alright man thanks just making sure what to do, so I'm assuming you have bass boost on your amp set to the minimum level too??

Oh alright man thanks just making sure what to do, so I'm assuming you have bass boost on your amp set to the minimum level too??

yes sir

what they said- i usually find the lowest recorded volume song I listen too(old school majic mike in my case) and set my amp gains with my sub level at 0 , and my remote bass know all the way up...(and bass boost all the way down).  Then I turn my remote bass knob down to ~1/2 for most music...and adjust to the song.  I rarely go into my sub setting on my deck after the initial setting of the gains.

sub level at +6 on the Pioneer 88 : to have all the volts through the rca ! Then adjust the amp gain, with the max volume you choose on the h u.

I use my Pioneer h u at 42 volume max (on 62).

No bass boost, no equalizer settings (I keep it flat), no sound retreiver, nothing else !

Good luck.

I always leave my bass level at zero. bass boost at zero.

sub level at +6 on the Pioneer 88 : to have all the volts through the rca ! Then adjust the amp gain, with the max volume you choose on the h u.

I use my Pioneer h u at 42 volume max (on 62).

No bass boost, no equalizer settings (I keep it flat), no sound retreiver, nothing else !

Good luck.

see this is the way I've been told but everybody else here chooses 0... hmm

I'd have to try and see how that works. it seems that when I do that I can't get my sub moving lol

I'd have to try and see how that works. it seems that when I do that I can't get my sub moving lol

Haha, I know what you mean. In the cases I work with "Craiglist installs" is what I call them, when I set it to complete clean settings, like I would do with mine, the results are not want the customer wants. Well, it's because they are using 80$ amplifiers with 50$ subs. So without adding bass level and bass boost, you won't have anything good to brag about. Now lets say you have a ssa zcon, and bc3500, you would have plenty of bass with 0 boost in any configuration. 

Haha, I know what you mean. In the cases I work with "Craiglist installs" is what I call them, when I set it to complete clean settings, like I would do with mine, the results are not want the customer wants. Well, it's because they are using 80$ amplifiers with 50$ subs. So without adding bass level and bass boost, you won't have anything good to brag about. Now lets say you have a ssa zcon, and bc3500, you would have plenty of bass with 0 boost in any configuration.

so what your saying is that for best results I should overpower my sub? I am using 1000 watts to an scan but it just wasn't enough. I'm now using a Brahma mk2 .. I'm building a bigass box to see if I get more output.

No. Don't overpower it. Buy a different sub and sell me the brahma cheap.

Power is all relative. No such thing as underpowering as for overpowering you need to really LISTEN to things. No one should recommend it, but that doesn't mean it can't be executed. The brahma will have lots of output when everything is adjusted correctly.

THere is no logical gain setting as that depends on the rest of the signal flow. As for the Zero setting the goal is to NEVER use ANY boost, just cut.

No. Don't overpower it. Buy a different sub and sell me the brahma cheap.

The Brahma came in the mail barley today. I got a good deal on it lol

In the last post I mean xcon not scan.

Power is all relative. No such thing as underpowering as for overpowering you need to really LISTEN to things. No one should recommend it, but that doesn't mean it can't be executed. The brahma will have lots of output when everything is adjusted correctly.

THere is no logical gain setting as that depends on the rest of the signal flow. As for the Zero setting the goal is to NEVER use ANY boost, just cut.

Ah OK, this is what I wanted to know! So I will cut back on any bass boosts. Just making sure. Thank you sir! Just hope I can get decent output.

If you can't, first blame the box not the settings.

Yeah for sure, the box has much more to do with the output.

so what your saying is that for best results I should overpower my sub? I am using 1000 watts to an scan but it just wasn't enough. I'm now using a Brahma mk2 .. I'm building a bigass box to see if I get more output.

No.