cannabispinoy

help with install of crescendo gear

What is the best way to flush the FT1's to the door panels? How should I wire them to the S800.4? They are 8 ohms each and will also be running pwx 6.5 as well which are 4 ohms each. My plan is connecting the front right channels from HU to channel 1 and 3 and left front to channels 2 and 4. Which the tweets with be running on channels 1 and 2 with mids on 3 and 4, with stock rears running off deck which I will upgrade down the road.

What is the best way to flush the FT1's to the door panels? How should I wire them to the S800.4? They are 8 ohms each and will also be running pwx 6.5 as well which are 4 ohms each. My plan is connecting the front right channels from HU to channel 1 and 3 and left front to channels 2 and 4. Which the tweets with be running on channels 1 and 2 with mids on 3 and 4, with stock rears running off deck which I will upgrade down the road.

leave the stocks unhooked you wont be able to hear them

how exactly are you planning to crossover the drivers? 

how exactly are you planning to crossover the drivers? 

I would guess by using the amps x-overs.  This is how I done it in my Zuk.

What about the other half of the audio spectrum?

How much of each do you have?

To answer your question directly, leave all your Stock equipment unhooked. Just use the mids/highs on your amp. 

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll be using the x - overs on the amp. I was replacing the stocks with the crescendo stuff except the rears which was going to run off the HU...but if it is unnecessary then I will disconnect it as well. For bass, I will be running the bc2000d with 2 12's fi bl in a ported box tunes to 31hz

And what's the best way to install the tweeters? I was planning to install them where the stock 3.5 were on the dash but can't find any speaker adapter plates for it to fit. My second option is to flush them on the doors but not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

And what's the best way to install the tweeters? I was planning to install them where the stock 3.5 were on the dash but can't find any speaker adapter plates for it to fit. My second option is to flush them on the doors but not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

You're gonna need a hell of a EQ for the tweets man. a simple xover point is NOT going to do you any good lol. You will need something like 80prs. You "can" make some small mounts out of mdf and mount them on the dash. 

Sencheezy what's a 80prs? Would it have been better with component set. The crossover on the s800.4 won't cut it? What equipment for you propose....I'm not competing just upgrading my sounds

Edited by cannabispinoy

Yeah if your just upgrading your equipment then grab a set of components and bridge it on your 4 channel amplifier, it will be just fine. If you already have the ft-1s and pwxs then sell them and recoup some money.

OP- just a suggestion(especially when posting around here)- but if you don't know off hand what someone is talking about- google it.  I do this ALOT to save on questions.  With that said - an '80prs' is a pioneer H/U that has a fair amount of processing ability.

The 80 PRS is a full active head unit which will allow you to tone down some of the hot spots in the frequency response of the FT1s.

I would advise to just go with a nice component set, or better yet, just some raw drivers from store like madisound.com

You seem like you are actually interested in learning something. A lot of new recent members have been, not as easy to work with.

OP, tell us, what kind of music do you like/listen to. What kind of sound are you looking for?

And please, don't just say loud and clear :Doh:

Help us help you. If you like the warm sound of a deep breath before a person sings the next note, tell us.

If you like more of the rind ding noise of the higher frequencies, tell us that.

Or if you're only concerned with pronounce vocals, tell us that, etc.

This will help us pick some speakers for you to choose. 

Other helpful things.

What mounting locations are avaialbe? What is your budget? etc

In before "SPL and decent SQ"

Sencheezy I listen to hip hop and some house music but all kinds except for like country and classical..lol. I was thinking about maybe getting the crescendo components.? I'm looking for Sq and spl. My recent setup is stock with jl audio 1000/1 with 2 12 jl w6v2

Edited by cannabispinoy

I'm looking for Sq and spl.

Called it.

lol

Called it.

Yep- it is what we all want.LOL

Called it.

gotta be kidding me :Doh:

Called it.

gotta be kidding me :Doh:

That's what you want bish don't lie

guys.. i had """SQL""" on my recent setup.....im more leaning to more SPL, just want a better system than what i had before(louder).  im doing all this work myself and this is my first install so if anyone has any helpful input, please reply.

Edited by cannabispinoy

Called it.

gotta be kidding me Doh.gif

That's what you want bish don't lie

LOL

guys.. i had ""SQL"" on my recent setup.....im more leaning to more SPL, just want a better system than what i had before(louder).  im doing all this work myself and this is my first install so if anyone has any helpful input, please reply.

I don't you have a clear definition of what SPL is. Well you may, but let me ask you.

When you say "more" SPL, are you referring to you're subwoofer or mids/highs ?