IceBroBass

Too Low? or Too High? Tuning Frequency Questions

For 2 Fi BL 18s in a box that is 2cuft over the manufacturers recommended enclosure size the final net volume after displacement is 18.29. I have the tuning freq set at 33hz. What would you guys tune this box to? Or should i keep it the same?

Thanks!

BOXDESIGN_zpsd57829ea.jpg

What power do you have? If it was my box I would drop the box volume down a bit. Port area looks good and your tuning looks good too.

Way too big IMO. I would do no more than 14-15cu ft with around 175-180 sq in of port. It will be very peaky with that much port and only 3k watts. People can say go huge port etc etc but musically it will not sound as good. 

Way too big IMO. I would do no more than 14-15cu ft with around 175-180 sq in of port. It will be very peaky with that much port and only 3k watts. People can say go huge port etc etc but musically it will not sound as good.

^^agreed

Tuning all depends on your taste in music. I would probably drop down to at least 15-16 cubes just so I wouldn't be as worried about mechanical limits, although you'd probably be fine.

I personally like being tuned around 30-32, but that's just me... unless you're listening to a lot of slowed songs/dubstep with really low bass, there's no reason to tune any lower than you already are.

But wait a second.. how do you have 3 common port walls? It says your port is 36w, but the box is 44w...

Edited by Tenacious

Im no bl expert, but, with that power.... id run it.....

Just me but... 3k, i think you may benifit off the larger volume.

If you hear any oddness, take out a few cubes.... That isnt hard. shrug.gif 

Im no bl expert, but, with that power.... id run it.....

Just me but... 3k, i think you may benifit off the larger volume.

If you hear any oddness, take out a few cubes.... That isnt hard. shrug.gif

Like you said that's what i am thinking that was the reason behind it, but i was just getting multiple opinions because frankly it doesn't hurt. Oh and my bad it isn't 3 common port walls that was a slight goof.

From all the 18" enclosures I've built, I've found 12^3 to be the best for over all performance. 

I usually stick to 14-16^2 of port per cube tuned to 38Hz.... The PT was VERY musical with that setup.