bgowdy31

Budget 15" Sub

Whats up,

Im not really wanting to this be a VS thread really, Im just looking for some last minute opinions before i order, i have the cash in hand which ever i end of picking which will probly be tonight or tomorrow morning. These 3 were chose because there close within budget.

These Would all be pair's also.

American Bass Xd 15 - 3" Coil, "Rated" 700rms (the 3" coil is talking to me lol, gives me some upgrade room)
Soundqubed SDC2.5 15 - 2.5" Coil, "Rated" 600rms(i know they take alittle more from exp)
SoundQubed HDS2 15 - 2.5" Coil, "Rated" 600rms(not much info on it)

These are all simliar in price(at least for what i can get a pair for), and im trying to decide but im stuck between these 3 currently. Im leaning more towards the SQ SDC2.5 15s(they are my favorites out of them) then the AB XD-15 popped up in a thread and i really like the specs with the 3" coil and what not and not much more then the SDC2.5-15. The HDS2-15 is there also because of the price point. But i know the SDC2.5 & XDs are superior to it.

What im looking for is more geared toward SPL then SQ. Im looking for the best daily/spl setup i can do with these 3(pretty much between the SDC2.5 & AB XD lol). Its a daily build would like it to post decent numbers on termlab when i attend the occasional comp.

Thanks guys,

so you're looking for a pair of 15s? Thoughts on a single, higher end 18"? and actually listing a budget and box size limitations would help so we dont have to guess. 

Edited by lithium

so you're looking for a pair of 15s? Thoughts on a single, higher end 18"? and actually listing a budget and box size limitations would help so we dont have to guess. 

oh crap, my bad i should have listed that box size isnt a issue for the 2 15s, but i dont want a 18 because the box would have to be deeper then i want it to be. im trying to keep the depth at 16.5 or lower. But i have alot of lenth and a bit of height to work with. Budget is $250 for the pair lol(all these fall into the range)

How much power will you have? Thought about getting 1 better 15 then could upgrade to 2 at some point? Just throwing out options lol

How much power will you have? Thought about getting 1 better 15 then could upgrade to 2 at some point? Just throwing out options lol

probly 2500-3k, and no because im pretty sure i wouldnt be upgrading or changing for a while after this.

Edited by bgowdy31

Someone Kinda near you is selling 2 12" fi q's for 150 each obo ( or you just wanting 15s) and I know someone selling xcon 15s for 300 each

I believe 16.5" depth would be good for an 18

i always thought that the cuts out were usually around 17" or so?... idk.. also the 15s will hold a cone area advantage as well

Someone Kinda near you is selling 2 12" fi q's for 150 each obo ( or you just wanting 15s) and I know someone selling xcon 15s for 300 each

im not familiar with FI, subs are nice but have no exp with them. I though the FI q was more od a SQ sub

what kind of vehicle ? You could have the sub facing forward instead of up

Edited by Stephen93s10

01 santa fe, i know since its a SUV Subs up, port back will 9/10 times work the best. i had a blazer before and tried it firing back and the sub up port back was quite a bit louder. Also i have done probably 4 different single 18 builds lol and wanted to try something different. I have done 2 15s 1 time in a suv and i was kind of upset over it lol, wasnt what i thought but the enclosure was pre-built for other subs and in no way up to par either. i mean yea i metered/burped a 147.9 or 148 but my single 18" hdc3 was just as loud on music(147.6 30sec-music ave) and on like a quater of the power(like 800watts tops). I couldnt understand it, i was impatient and sold both 15s lol and went back to a single 18.    So i figure i would try again, but build this box from ground up.

im not familiar with FI, subs are nice but have no exp with them. I though the FI q was more od a SQ sub

you would want to look at he ssd or bl

01 santa fe, i know since its a SUV Subs up, port back will 9/10 times work the best. i had a blazer before and tried it firing back and the sub up port back was quite a bit louder. Also i have done probably 4 different single 18 builds lol and wanted to try something different. I have done 2 15s 1 time in a suv and i was kind of upset over it lol, wasnt what i thought but the enclosure was pre-built for other subs and in no way up to par either. i mean yea i metered/burped a 147.9 or 148 but my single 18" hdc3 was just as loud on music(147.6 30sec-music ave) and on like a quater of the power(like 800watts tops). I couldnt understand it, i was impatient and sold both 15s lol and went back to a single 18.    So i figure i would try again, but build this box from ground up.

all comes down to the box and install.

You are looking at all the wrong stuff completely. Budget desire and reasoning don't match reality. And always, start with max box dimensions, then budget, then power. What you are looking at doing is just throwing money away.

You are looking at all the wrong stuff completely. Budget desire and reasoning don't match reality. And always, start with max box dimensions, then budget, then power. What you are looking at doing is just throwing money away.

i did it in that order actually, i already have everything all measured for my hatch, i know my max dimensions but i dont need all of it that space. i have drawn a layout of where everything will sit/fit into my hatch etc. I already know my budget for subs. I actually made my decison and ordered them a few hours ago. I know my power limits as well vs my electrical system.

So im not sure what you mean by "budget desire and reasoning dont match reality"?

I have never spent a alot on a sytem and never had trouble getting it to sound good and loud(meter wise) on a small budget. Also im not trying to sound like an a$$ if any of this sounded that way lol.

Edited by bgowdy31

all comes down to the box and install.

yea i know, thats why im taking my time on it this time. i already have an idea on the size. But im am doing sub up port back tho.

What subs did you order?

i know this is late but i got the Sdc2.5 15s