ohio45113

Is this how recones are normally shipped?

20150520_200123_zpsakgbhlqr.jpg

Posting this for a friend.. His 2 18 inch recones shipped in a 16 inch box both crammed in with no type of protection other than wrapped in plastic. We know it's just the surround that is bent but those things aren't cheap and they used to be shipped WAY better.

20150520_203137_zpsguystouo.jpg

2015052095203253_zps3ou6xqp2.jpg

Hope they lay good on the baskets

Wow....

My zcon recone had blandex or however its spelled lol mounted inside the box with a peace of wood screwed to it,just small enough to go thru the center of voicecoil w foam pading in there.it had another peace of blandex screwed to it on top

Edited by garychurch84

My zcon recone had blandex or however its spelled lol mounted inside the box with a peace of wood screwed to it,just small enough to go thru the center of voicecoil w foam pading in there.it had another peace of blandex screwed to it on top

The way you described is how his previous recones were shipped as well. Recones are not cheap and he waited like 2 months for them. Luckily the cones and coils were not damaged as far as we can tell.

Hmmm, not sure is something changed, but that is not normal.

Yea and the recones just went up almost 50 bucks to. . So cost more and worse shipping

Odd to say the least.

Damn that's crazy man. No bueno

Edited by jay-cee

Every recone I've bought from SSA/Fi has been crammed like that as well.  But no biggie, they go back flat when they sit and you are gluing them down anyway

never bought a recone from anyone... 

but, id not be happy with that shit.... just me..

There a little better now but still a little wavy around the surround

I was just concerned because iv ordered recones from them befor and had really solid packaging

I was just concerned because iv ordered recones from them befor and had really solid packaging

I'm surprised mark or arron hasn't chimed in yet.

Sorry, I was out of the office most of yesterday (an ULTRA rare occasion).  As for shipping the recones, they will settle and glue down just fine as the surround is very flexible by design.  Prices on recones have not changed for quite a long time, we unlike most other brands have held our pricing steady, while costs go up.  I will find out why those were shipped with no protection or stand.

Sorry, I was out of the office most of yesterday (an ULTRA rare occasion). As for shipping the recones, they will settle and glue down just fine as the surround is very flexible by design. Prices on recones have not changed for quite a long time, we unlike most other brands have held our pricing steady, while costs go up. I will find out why those were shipped with no protection or stand.

Since your cost are going up, the recones arent shipped as "nicely" as they use to be to save money?

Edited by Stephen93s10

Sorry, I was out of the office most of yesterday (an ULTRA rare occasion). As for shipping the recones, they will settle and glue down just fine as the surround is very flexible by design. Prices on recones have not changed for quite a long time, we unlike most other brands have held our pricing steady, while costs go up. I will find out why those were shipped with no protection or stand.

Since your cost are going up, the recones arent shipped as "nicely" as they use to be to save money?

You forgot to read the last sentence.

You forgot to read the last sentence.

Yes I forgot to read the last sentence, thanks for pointing that out.

I am sure Aaron or mark will get to the bottom of it..smile.png

Still nothing wrong with the re-cones like what was stated the will lay fine when glued to the baskets.

Still nothing wrong with the re-cones like what was stated the will lay fine when glued to the baskets.

We were just saying that for the price and the wait time that better care should have been taken.

We were just saying that for the price and the wait time that better care should have been taken.

Like I stated he will take care of it I am sure...And wait time on a product that is in demand and trumps the computition may take some time...The demand takes factor as I am sure the re-cone kit from some shaddy manufactures you might have got sooner...

No need to try to bad mouth SSA... They are a 110% company smile.png