Brad Barcia

Need help with my single cab ranger console box

Hi guys new to the forum ,not new to car audio .I need help with my truck ,I want it to have slamming bass.The problem is not much room so I changed to buckets to allow for a console box. I have a t line with a sundown 6.5 and it is ok.I'm giving it 300rms but it's not doing what I want.I'm going to build a new box and have measurements of space for the new box. I'm planning on using a c.t sounds 900.1 amp for the new setup.The measurements are 10=h 32=l 9=w inches. Which box builder said 1.09 cubic feet ? I was thinking 2 8 soundqubed hs08, 2 D.C. 8s,sundown x-8 or ? Any help would be appreciated I planned on ported enclosure.

Slamming bass = blow through

Just a thought. Welcome to SSA.

Ok I would like to do blow through, but I ride dirtbikes and quads all the time .I built a t line for two 6.5 sundown x. It's not bad but of course,not enough.so I am getting 4 6.5 tang band subs and building boxes to spec ,giving them rms. To see what that does, I have to dynomat the floor and behind the seats. I'm new at this so any help greatly appreciated.

Ok I would like to do blow through, but I ride dirtbikes and quads all the time .I built a t line for two 6.5 sundown x. It's not bad but of course,not enough.so I am getting 4 6.5 tang band subs and building boxes to spec ,giving them rms. To see what that does, I have to dynomat the floor and behind the seats. I'm new at this so any help greatly appreciated.

T-lines are pathetically pointless in a car. Absolute waste of space.

As always, the question of space is the FIRST question you need to answer. What the max dimensions you have to work with are.

I'll also add that trying to achieve big bass with little drivers is a bit backwards.

Be careful where you gather internet information as someone is misleading you elsewhere...

4 little subs ? Why not a single badass 12", or 2 ? With bucket seat, you should have enough space. It may be cheaper too.

If you want output, ask for a design and for advices before you build or buy  anything.

Thank you guys my dimensions for the box are as follows ,it's going to sound weird . 10inches =h,31 inches =L, 8 inches wide.I will do what ever will get me the most without a blow through. I want to really shake the DOORS . Tell me what will push the most in this area to 8s or one ten ?

If you want to shake doors you need a larger box.

Using 3/4 mdf your internal dimensions are: 8.5" x 29.5" x 6.5" = .94cuft. In that space you need to house the woofer (subtract .1 ish cuft). .8cuft won't make your doors shake, no way no how. Need to pretty much triple that space and you'll still be short.

So not possible then? I've seen some single cab ranger with sa-8 and it shook the doors. I think my shaking the doors and yours are way different. I've never had over 2000rms so what you think is junk is , amazing to me.so what would be the best to get the most spl out of that little space. I made a box for 2 more 6.5 subs , and then two more behind the seats . I'm going to set them at midbass frequency and then put tweets on the head unit .

I'm sorry who do you ask for a design ? I can give all sorts of interior shots . I want the console because I can use it for gauges ,and switches for water/meth system.

I'm sorry who do you ask for a design ? I can give all sorts of interior shots . I want the console because I can use it for gauges ,and switches for water/meth system.

Post some pictures on here, there are a few people on this forum that can help you design an enclosure

I have better dimensions, not that much better but let me know, h=25inches, L=31 w=9inches. Not to much better but some extra

Thats alot more space. (23.5H x 29.5L x 7.5w) / 1728 = 3 cubic feet

Here you go

IMG_20160111_162427.jpgIMG_20160111_162248.jpgIMG_20160111_162359.jpgIMG_20160111_162324.jpg

So not possible then? I've seen some single cab ranger with sa-8 and it shook the doors. I think my shaking the doors and yours are way different. I've never had over 2000rms so what you think is junk is , amazing to me.so what would be the best to get the most spl out of that little space. I made a box for 2 more 6.5 subs , and then two more behind the seats . I'm going to set them at midbass frequency and then put tweets on the head unit .

I'd rather have 200w and a real box than 2000w and a shitty box.

Little subs are pretty much never the solution. The SA-8 is not a door shaker and going to 6.5's is the wrong direction. Either way you size the sub to the box space, not the box space to the sub type.

The idea of using 6.5's subs as midranges is also terrible. You CANNOT blend a 6.5" sub with a tweeter and even have it play music. Forfeiting the most important driver/frequency range in music I really don't get.

I have better dimensions, not that much better but let me know, h=25inches, L=31 w=9inches. Not to much better but some extra

More than double, lol. HUGE difference. That is big enough to fit a much bigger driver and enough box to move some air.

Can you have an external port? If so, you can have some big gains.

Well I don't know how you got the first set of dimensions but the second set of dimensions are definitely a lot better. not to mention you can also designed the box to come up to the top of the seat up along the wall there for your port if you need to the report will come out by the headrest.

Ok I am just shooting from the hip, I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is I like as much bass as possible. Is there a book or websites so I can learn? I went to our cities car audio and this is what they told me. They wanted 2,400 to do the console and everything, I can't do that. So I was trying to duplicate it. I see they don't know what's up. So I will follow what you guys tell me, but I want to run these amps,c.t sounds 900.1,Coustic 321qe.

Yes , those aero ports look bad , I have no idea how this works. Coming from building turbocharged engines and muscle cars ,I feel really stupid . I can afford 230 for a new driver or drivers. The new dimensions come from raising it up to rest my arm on .I have only about 4inches behind the seat . So yeah I would love to put maybe dual ports?(more port area = more power?)

Where in Michigan are you located?

I live in Bay City I see your in Gr.I used to live there awhile ago and I also am a German auto fan . I had 2000 Mercedes Benz e55 amg,97m3,95m3,2000 m5,z3/with turbo,Audi 80,93 Audi s4 wagon,couple other 3 series. I want a old e28 m5 so I can turbo that big inline six.

I live in Bay City I see your in Gr.I used to live there awhile ago and I also am a German auto fan . I had 2000 Mercedes Benz e55 amg,97m3,95m3,2000 m5,z3/with turbo,Audi 80,93 Audi s4 wagon,couple other 3 series. I want a old e28 m5 so I can turbo that big inline six.

Those are some nice vehicles

Which shop did you go to for a quote?

Fundamentally it is a bit simple. Big sound = big box. The bigger the box the better. First we size the box, then we determine the best driver to fit in the box.

Curious what sort of forced induction you are running with your meth...

<- drives a '10 Escalade lowered 4", Wilwoods, Long tubes, and a Whipple

I'm building a prerunner ranger,with a 2.3 turbo . I don't want a heavy front end when I'm jumping through the dunes.I had a 2.3 turbo in a mustang drift missile.They are bulletproof,and easy to get to 400 rwhp . I beat that mustang so bad ,and it wouldn't die .I ran a hx35,water/meth,megasquirt,welded rear end , I used to jump it , ran autocross,made a dirt track behind my house and ran it.I like them cause they are cheap ,easy to work on , easy to make power. I know someone that has a e30 two door with one swapped in.We traded cars for the weekend and I hate to say this but it feels like the perfect engine for it.

W140 thanks those are just the German autos, I had a 1937 ford truck,68 Pontiac GTO,70 cutlass con( had turbocharged old's 350 with 4l80 trans),79trans am (ls1 with zex125 shot and 6 speed), 86 Monte Carlo ss, lots of stupid fun stuff geo trackers, postal jeeps. I'm trying to get someone to sell me their datsun 240,but they won't.It should be mine ,who cares it's been in their family for its whole life.ya know!