Cj the newbie

Dual ICON 12" setup advice

Hey guys, brand new to the world of car audio and just had a few questions!

Planning to get two 12" icons, and being 1250watts each looking for a good 2500 watt amp...but I was wondering is it better to get an amp around 2500-3000 watt or two seperate at 1250-1500 watts?

Also to be able to run these I plan on getting an xs battery but which should I get? I also plan on doing the "Big 3", but is there anything else I should do?

Thanks for the help everyone, like I said complately blind in this world but really want to learn! 

Edited by Cj the newbie

CJ.  Great subs.  Bang for the buck is awesome.  You didn't leave a budget, but most important really is a reputable brand.  2k, 2.5k, 3k are all pretty much inaudible difference wise.  Getting one that will last and does what it is supposed to is the goal.

Spending time optimizing the box will really let those drivers shine.

Well I would love to have a very reputable brand, the problem is I don't know which ones those are..budget isn't very limited, don't want to purchase the most expensive available but would definitely want to buy really good equipment. Do it right the first time is my opinion.

And what do you mean by optimizing the box? Like I said I'm blind haha. 

You will forsure need to have an enclosure built or build one your self to the specs of the subwoofers. The right enclosure makes all the difference

Do you mean just fitting them perfectly in a box, or is there more to it? 

Edited by Cj the newbie

every subwoofer needs a specific enclosure. The right size, port tuning and everything.  Needs to be designed for the subwoofers. .       You dont want to just go buy a pre made enclosure

Is there an online shop you know of that can do it? Only ask here because I'll take it as a couch for them :)

If you can build your own one, you can ask someone to make a design for your car, or you can buy a design from someone (it's cheap and efficient if you talk to the guy).

You'd better have a good custom box than a lot of money in amplifier !

The SSA store selles great amps : Sundown, Incriminator, Ampere, US Acoustics,...

A 2000 watts amp will be enough, and it would be safer  on your car electrical.

Don't forget you'll need an amp for the mids & highs too, with so much bass !

Thank you everyone really appreciate it! Might be able to do this right the first time now. 

15 minutes ago, Cj the newbie said:

Thank you everyone really appreciate it! Might be able to do this right the first time now. 

That is the whole reason for these forums. :)