Sign in to follow this  
SS Teacher

Please help me understand t/s parameters and making a good choice

2 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

It's in the back of a Jeep Wrangler, a bandpass covered in bedliner would be virtually weatherproof.  I didn't have terribly high hopes, looks like I'm going with the 12" XCON in a ported box!

Will be no more weather proof than the sub itself.  My boat speakers are exposed to the direct sun and rain for 5 months out of the year...

The one advantage in that context would be that it would be invisible, but will sound worse.  Ported Xcon ftw.

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Will be no more weather proof than the sub itself.  My boat speakers are exposed to the direct sun and rain for 5 months out of the year...

The one advantage in that context would be that it would be invisible, but will sound worse.  Ported Xcon ftw.

"Ported Xcon ftw." who I ask, could refute the irrefutable?

49 minutes ago, SS Teacher said:

"Ported Xcon ftw." who I ask, could refute the irrefutable?

The uninformed brand bonerrific dipshits :P

Just placed my order for an enclosure design (ported box) and a dual 1 ohm Xcon 10' sub-woofer, FTW!!!!

On 3/23/2016 at 5:22 PM, SS Teacher said:

Alright, I'm sold! (litteraly)  I'm going with the XCON.  I'll power it with the Rockford Fosgate T-500 db, if I want more volume later I can just replace that with a T-1500.

I'm going to order a box design and get my buddy to help me make it out of 1" birch.  We'll spend some time on BCAE1.com, they have great box building tips. Now for the question...

Can SSA design a bandpass enclosure that yields a flat frequency response from about 35 to 85 HZ.  I know prefab bandpass boxes are total crap, but if I can get a good response curve and output I would love to make the box and cover it in bedliner and never have to worry about it.  If the XCON does not play well in a bandpass, I'll get the ported and good speaker grills.

The Xcon prefers medium to large ported or medium sealed enclosures. Bandpass is not really an option for the design service as there are other factors that come into play that are not able to be taken into account with out the vehicle there.

16 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

Just placed my order for an enclosure design (ported box) and a dual 1 ohm Xcon 10' sub-woofer, FTW!!!!

Awesome!!

Hell yea man. Forsure wont be disappointed running an ssa sub

D1 coils on a single sub?  What amp are you running again?

31 minutes ago, altoncustomtech said:

Looks like a rf t-500. . Untill he can get a 1500 . . .   So should be ok with with dual 1

20 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

I've got a stock 160 amp alternator and just want to do the Big 3 and call it good.  I'd really prefer to run my amps at 2 ohm.  I'm old school, I remember the days of 4 Ohm sub loads :),  this 1 ohm stuff scares me.

No, no, that's awesome, just so rare anymore. I see so many people talking about running stuff not just at 1 ohm but at .5 and lower that seeing someone who wants to actually run higher just caught me off guard.  LOL 

That's going to be fantastic!  I know I love my XCON, I'm certain you'll love yours as well!!