CBFryman, The tc3k is the 3HP motor, Both the TC9 and 3HP use a 3" diam vc. The 3HP motor is a little taller for a little more Bl and xmech

About the MT

Are you kidding?

The 4HP's will walk over an MT.. much bigger motor, much larger coil, almost 3 times the power handeling.

This MT that I reconed was blown with a 2500 amp. The 4HP will run cool off that wiht a sinwave at 20hz.

May be, when i see a 4HP place at world finals ill get that (if i even have the money) :)

oh and careless user + 2500w amp + clipped signal = death to most speakers :)

May be, when i see a 4HP place at world finals ill get that (if i even have the money) :)

if that's all your going by, then the mt isn't your sub either.

not dogging the mt, it's a beast....but if it can't handle 2500 clipped watts....

and that is indeed it's downfall...while very loud, it's not very durable compared to it's competitors.

examples...

pair of 10" solo x's driven daily and used in competition..between 5kwrms and 10kwrms daily (dpepnding on how he feels, only subs he has every blown? dual 2 versions...???)

pair of 12" solo x's 4kwrms daily

18" solo x 4 kwmrs daily

pair of 12 solo x's used in competition and daily...over 6kwrms....

and i can go on.....and when i say daily, i mean cranked constantly....the 18 hardly gets a break as we demo the truck for everyone. the 12's on 4k and the 18 are the only two recieving less then the subs rated rms power.

no, re is good, but there is better.

kyle..send me a 4hp...any size...if it'll show a 2 ohm load, i've got 2.5kwrms and 3.6kwrms to throw at it...if it shows a 1 ohm final load..lol.....about the same..maybe even a bit more for giggles....i'll get a number...

sides..i'm bored....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yum yum 4hp for me?

wouldn't a pa5100 be better for spl ?

yum yum 4hp for me?

me first... :rofl2:

Edited by Adrian_D

CBFryman, I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm simply telling you, not debating.

I think if I took a picture of the coils next to eachother you would understand.

wouldn't a pa5100 be better for spl ?

No.

why ? it has better efficiency than the 5400 @ 1w.

That doesnt mean its louder.

The 5400 moves much further and can take much more power.

The 5100 would be better with limited power. The 5100 can still move 2.5 to 3" peak to peak, more than most drivers, but its limit will show before the LMS-5400 or TC-5200 because its a smaller under hung coil with less x-max. However, the PA-5100 is about 5-6dB more efficient than the LMS-5400.

For pure SPL it may not be a bad idea after all. Cars are very limited by power and secondly, power compression from amplifiers is a huge factor when you start talking about thousands of watts. You probably here about cars that have 10,000 watts.. even 100,000 or 200,000 watts

absolute complete bullchit... These amps are constant voltage amps and when the voice coil heats up more and more, the voltage stays the same and the resistance rises... well it doest take a genius to guess the power will not rise... if you can use a driver that doest need as much power, because after all... excursion only gets you output down low. If this is truly for SPL at 35 or 40 or 50 or 60hz, then the PA-5100 would be the way to go!

The new TC4-Radial motors are not even out yet, in fact they only exist in my PC right now. Here is a rendering.

neo.jpg

Edited by 7

CBFryman, I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm simply telling you, not debating.

I think if I took a picture of the coils next to eachother you would understand.

We need pics :OhYeah:

So when comparing a 15" TC3000 to an SIMag 15"...the TC has a 3" VC correct? So would it be safe to say that the TC has more output potential than the SIMAG...even though ive been hearing nothing but great things on the SQ and LSQ side of the Mag Lately...but the mag only has a 2.5" VC from what I just read.

Im trying to figure out which one would be best for LSQ...but the TC is about 100 bucks cheaper.... I would be running 2 of either...unless something better comes out by the time I purchase.

coil size, thoough a big factor, isnt the end all in power handleing.

look at the range of power handling with TC9 drivers. 500w-1200w RMS.

So when comparing a 15" TC3000 to an SIMag 15"...the TC has a 3" VC correct?  So would it be safe to say that the TC has more output potential than the SIMAG...even though ive been hearing nothing but great things on the SQ and SQL side of the Mag Lately...but the mag only has a 2.5" VC from what I just read.

Im trying to figure out which one would be best for SQL...but the TC is about 100 bucks cheaper....  I would be running 2 of either...unless something better comes out by the time I purchase.

Correct

The TC2+ uses 2", TC9 and 3hp 3" and 4hp 4"

So when comparing a 15" TC3000 to an SIMag 15"...the TC has a 3" VC correct?  So would it be safe to say that the TC has more output potential than the SIMAG...even though ive been hearing nothing but great things on the SQ and LSQ side of the Mag Lately...but the mag only has a 2.5" VC from what I just read.

Im trying to figure out which one would be best for LSQ...but the TC is about 100 bucks cheaper....  I would be running 2 of either...unless something better comes out by the time I purchase.

I don't know what VC the mag has nor have i heard or tested the new ones, so i can't say anything for cretin. I can make comments based off pictures and what I know from the parts that are obvious but that is hearsay.

So when comparing a 15" TC3000 to an SIMag 15"...the TC has a 3" VC correct?  So would it be safe to say that the TC has more output potential than the SIMAG...even though ive been hearing nothing but great things on the SQ and SQL side of the Mag Lately...but the mag only has a 2.5" VC from what I just read.

Im trying to figure out which one would be best for SQL...but the TC is about 100 bucks cheaper....  I would be running 2 of either...unless something better comes out by the time I purchase.

i'd say you'd be happy with either one. i've played with the new mags and i own a tc9 based rl-p...both achieve exactly what they say they will....nice, loud, clean output.

budget and name brand.....the choice is yours...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: