Caeser2001

Subwoofer advice needed.

Looking for the best option for sound quality loud. forum keeps eediting S Q L

Looking for a 10" for a sealed enclosure I have laying around that is .66 cubic feet and will be ran with 500 watts at 2ohm. 

So far my options what I have found through my research, is there anything else not on my radar? Out of these options what would be best? I might consider a 12" if it will take up less than 1 cubic foot. 

Image dynamics ID or IDQ

SSA dcon or maybe gcon (enough power?)

Sundown EV or maybe SA (enough power?)

DC level 2

Alpine type s

As far as the ID vs IDQ, the ID has a much lower FS, what difference would this make? 

I want something with a flat response curve and gets low with good SQ.

Edited by Caeser2001

The forum edits terms people don't understand.  SQ & SPL are opposites so combining them makes no sense.  Have a flat response that has output however does.

That all being said you can't evade Hoffman's Iron Law so if you want more output the best approach is a larger box and a woofer chosen for the space.

Out of those I would do the image dynamics IDQ those are really great sounding subs. Only sub I have heard that sounds as good as my JL my friend has a set of 12's and swears by them. I personally like JL just a little better but they do cost more. Fi also makes a decent sq sub for cheap. 

The IDQ is a very "normal" sub.  Nothing special.  If you get a steal on one fine, but otherwise many better ways to skin the cat.  Their game is far from output as well....

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

The IDQ is a very "normal" sub.  Nothing special.  If you get a steal on one fine, but otherwise many better ways to skin the cat.  Their game is far from output as well....

He said he wanted sq not spl so why even bring up spl. And if he had said spl yea I would have said sundown team or mayhem's but he said sq and image dynamics make a decent sq sub for cheap. If he wants something with a little more output I suggest ssa icon or w7 those are about the loudest subs I have heard that didn't sound like fart cannons. 

IDQ's are unimpressive at anything.  He wanted loud as well.  They stink at that.  A Gcon would KILL one in ALL aspects.  Many other choices as well, but first he really needs to confirm that he has to stick to such a little enclosure as that is the limitation atm.

Btw, the W6 would be WAY better for him than the W7.  WAY.

Yes if he needs a tiny box w6 would be perfect. I loved my 12w6's I had 3 run off a Phoenix gold M100 and to this day I have never heard a better sounding sub stage not even the W7 could match their sound but they are pricey no doudt. The ID max sound similar but lack the punch the 6's have but there what half price of the JL?

Edited by Billy Jack

No.  The w6 is a better sounding sub than the w7 period.  At least in any install done by someone who has any clue on how to do it.  The w7 is a niche sub and while just fine as a driver, is not something I would ever own again.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

No.  The w6 is a better sounding sub than the w7 period.  At least in any install done by someone who has any clue on how to do it.  The w7 is a niche sub and while just fine as a driver, is not something I would ever own again.

Can you not read or do you just have trouble comprehending I said the w6 sounds better then the W7. You just like arguing and starting shit with people I agree with you and you still say NO your wrong. 

3 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

sound similar or not ?

Don't argue with M5 : he can read, and he knows what he's talking about.  :rolleyes:

I know I'm biased towards SSA, but we're on their forum : they have enough good subs on their store to promote ID or JL !!!

Personally I love the Icon : it can be loud af, and it sounds sooo good !

The guy asked about image dynamics I was just giving my opinion on it I didn't bring it up he did. And I like SSA subs to but I also like other brands. I own sundown, crescendo, kenwood, alpine, JL, and have stinger wiring so I have opinions on many products. And i ain't gonna let no one no where talk down to me m5 or anyone. I tried being nice, I tried apologizing, and he is still argumenitive.   

And yes I think the ID max has a similar sound to the W6, just with a little less output. Me and my friend both had sealed boxes and Phoenix gold M100 amps, and mine just hit a little bit harder but they both sounded really good. Now that I think about it we both had Toyota hatchbacks his was a celic and mine a supra. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Would be nice if you could squeeze out more airspace to work with.

2 cf with room for an external port would be cool. Just saying.

I gave thought about trying out an IA flat line driver if I ever went with anything larger than a 10" driver.