mrray13

hummer h1 install...

sorry, no outside pics. it's an 2006 h1 black alpha station wagon..lol..

and away we go....this is mostly another shops gear. the owner spent 6 grand with them, got the head unit in it's shitty install, 3 pairs of boston acoustic 5.25 in factory locations, a jl 12w7 in the recommended enclosure that looked like a prefab and the alpine pdx series amps stacked under the rear seat. what you are about to see is all of our work save the head unit install.....

kqk6.jpg

the head unit...just basic stuff here...an eclipse double din with dvd navigation, sirius stellite and that's pretty much it..lol...

lyb1.jpg

the front monitor and clarion source switch,. we decided tjhis looked too much like a pillow and glassed it into the silver strip inthe dash to it's right. i don't have pictures of that yet, but will try. it's sweet looking now.

pict0239mh0.jpg

teh 10" rear monitor. it's glassed where the rear climate controls used to me. believe it or not, this was once a vcs flip down screen..lol...if you look to the right you will see the clarion source switch and just above that, that little hole is for the screens IR.

both screens were done by james herren of dbdrag fame..lol...my work follows...

fpz9.jpg

behind this boring panel where the midgate used to live is the works. one 750 watt inverter, one memphis mclass 1002 amplifier, one batcap 800 and teh clarion source switch. not too mention all the iwres...this later changed as the owner decided he wanted his xbox 360 permantely mounted. the normal tunnel area now houses the xbox. will try to get pics of this later...

mgc4.jpg

and my pride and joy, lol...teh w7 is now in 3 cubes tuned to 32hz. on the drivers side is the pdx 4.150, a 4 channel amp. one the passanger side the 1.1000, the d class sub amp. these are indeed sweet little amps. the speaker wire connectors are funky, but otherwise they are sweet. the black traingle to the left is where the port is. the top trim panels were originally going to be vinyl, but at the last minute the vinyl shop reported the vinyl never came in. so on went carpet. i think it looks better. and there is no FG in this. or resin. this is an all wood trim panel that is primered and painted. also, there is blue LEDs wrapped around each amp.

also, there is a pair of 8" L5's in .2ft^3 sealed enclosures ran off the memphis amp under each rear seat. no pictures cause they are pretty simple. they are high passed at 40hz to help with the midbass region...

so, whatcha think? we are kinda in an arguement...james says the screens are the highlight, i think the rear enclosure, trim panels are. what do you think??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Holy throw off the margins. Some of your text was cut off.

The center pass screen def looks like a pillow

The enclosure is definetly on display

slimmed the pictures down some....lol...sorry, didn't realize they were so big...

cool thing, you can't see one part of the actual enclosure...front, top or back.....it's all hidden..save the sub..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I like that ... looks real clean :)

I want a big ass interior like that ... but I'd settle for that dash/up front style. Like a frickin' tank.

looks great. simple and very clean.

nice work kent,

Titties! Love the enclosure. Screens NEVER impress me.

^me either ryan . Very nice work my brother. :)

thanks guys. the thing about the screens, well, they look factory. which is cool, but almost boring. and no, not the pillow, lol, the current setup which i am trying to get a picture of.

the enclosure, in person especially, looks like there is more to it then there really is.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm sorry I see too many Hummer's daily LOL............in my opinion they suck ass. Weight's not distributed correctly and they roll easier than an Xtera. Plus at least in the Government edition the suspention is WAY too stiff. Hit a damn McDonalds cup and u can just about feel it..............on the otherhand they can go damn near anywhere. I'll try and get a pic of what I will be driving in Kuwait.

J

Oh yea fogot to add killer insatall from the monitors to the sub enclosure clean as all hell..........I take it the L7 8" are for mid bass??

Weight's not distributed correctly and they roll easier than an Xtera.

J

I thought they were designed not to roll??

I'm confused.

if you manage to roll one, you've accomplished something. and you'll need a hill to help. or an extreme 90* corner whilest doing top speed, which IIRC, in a military spec h1 is about 65 mph...

and the suspension in this one feels like a truck. it's not mushy..lol....

i'l bet a month's pay i can roll an xterra 100 times easier then an h1.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Kent while i am slightly inclined to agree cause yes a hill is needed..........i have already rolled one military hummer and buried a friend who died when one rolled in a training accident...............and the xterra is easy to roll.......and top speed is about 65 but if u know some good mechanics they can tweak it to do 80 when not up armored.

J

nothing is impossible...i have a friend who rolled his civilian h1 (yep, a hill helped), it landed wheels down, and he drove home. you couldn't tell he rolled it.

but you stated they are almost as easy to roll as an xterra, that's why i jumped in. they aren't even in the same league.

sorry about your friend...

nothing is impossible...i have a friend who rolled his civilian h1 (yep, a hill helped), it landed wheels down, and he drove home. you couldn't tell he rolled it.

but you stated they are almost as easy to roll as an xterra, that's why i jumped in.  they aren't even in the same league.

sorry about your friend...

You are totally correct it isn't as easy as an Xterra..........i mistyped or misthought..........whatever.............

as far as Wes goes............it was a training accident.......... that kind of chit happens.........its part of the Military life.

J

Not quite sure how I missed this thread until now. I concur on the screens, I'd only use one to control a pc. Nice work mang, looks good as I'd expect :fing34:

here's the updated passanger console. sorry, it's camera phone.

h1dashjm8.th.jpg

kinda glad to see this again. it's nice, nice install.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That looks great, but tell me, after all this custom fab work, why is the indash unit simply using an aftermarket dash kit?

lol, because we didn't install it. no, the original install was done by a competitor. we are the only shop left in the are doing any custom work. and phillip was happy enough with the best kit too not want to change it. his mustang will be custom from front to back.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I still wanna get out and go work at a shop.

J