Sign in to follow this  
theabunai

Showing off your Fi Subs

I love to hear stories about driving daily with your Fi subs and something peculiar happening....

So i thought I'd be fun to create a thread where we can share a funny story about our daily driving experience....

I am a big fan of steve meade (how can you not idolize a guy that can pour that kind of money into his systems)

So i put in my two new amps and battery (1K each sub and now no voltage dropping)..

My cousin who has been with me since day one of car audio was there for the initial install of the Fi subs (with 500 wats each no battery and voltage loss down to 11.8 +/-)....

So myself and my 11 year old son installed the new amps and battery.... took it for a whirl adjusted all my gains made sure my voltage was kosher and all that...

Bare in mind here in Hawaii we are shut off from big time shows and companies such as Fi... this place is a JL/Kciker nutthugger town and that is for the guys that make lots of money... 1k watt systems are rare here and so is electrical upgrades and extra batteries (once again not too many shows where wudiophiles can ask pros what to do)... So this makes the story better lol

My cousin comes over to hear and see the new install.... (the amps i got came with these remote gain knobs so i quickly turn them down to almost 1). My cousin only has a 900 watt system (600 watt JBL amp to 2 10 infinity's).. i turn on the bass and he didn't seem to impressed... He said I thought the subs get better after break in and they don't seem to take the higher wattage well... thought these subs were supposed to be bad ass.... well 5 minutes later and one clockwise turn of the gain i swear i never seen a 5'-3" 260lb guy push back into my seat and death grip my door handle like that time lol (he left pressure marks on my door panel I should've taken pics)... I thought he was going to have a heart attack.... I turned it down and he was sorta speechless for a time then he turned the volume back up as if he couldn't believe what he heard the first time....

2 SSD copper coils $388

2 1,000 watts US amps Md.1d $750

1 Kinetik 1800 $205

a 260 pound man scared chit less by Fi ~ PRICELESS

Edited by NDMstang65

That is great!!

changed your title a little bit, saying 'off' instead of 'of'

funny story, thanks!

Hmmm..

Well I was showing off to my girl. Shes a bass nut like myself so i knew shed love it.

I pick her up from work and just drive a loop to show her how loud it can get.

So everything is going good, shes really impressed and I decide to take her back to work so I can head out and show off...As Im pulling into the parking lot, she tells me that My mirror is going to fall off again...

I laughed, and said no way this glue is strong. 2 seconds later...the mirror comes down.

We were both right...The mirror came off, but god damn did that glue hold. It held so well, it took a chunk of the windshield with it...

just to add to the mirror massacre, me and my buddy were coming back from lunch and he took control of the ipod. he skipped most of my normal stuff and went right for the heavy bass tracks. his goal was to piss off the churchy lady that was standing outside who had been pestering him. so he played "shake that" by eminem. nothing like foul mouthed lyrics and obnoxious bass to piss off a churchy lady. i start backing into my parking spot and we are just laughing at the face she made as we passed by slowly. right when we stop laughing the mirror decides it has had enough and lets go. laughter then continues for the next 15 minutes or so.

thankyoufi.jpg

We did a thread similar to this...so im going to copy some of the stories over...

Just a short story, i thought I would share.

Im not expert, but i try to keep my mouth shut. However, i always run into kids who know nothing, but like to run there mouths like they do.

So anyways, I went to the bank to drop of a deposit and then stopped at the mobile to get some cigs. As im coming out, theres this kid in a Tracker parked right next to me. I mean i have to squeeze in my door hes so close. So i go to hop in the jeep and he says yo dawg whats up. Im pretty friendly so I made small talk with him.

Anyways, he finally says, so you want to buy a system or know anyone who does. And I said nah, im not really into that chit hoping to get off the subject. So he goes into how sick this system is and blah blah blah. From what I can see theres a Pyle Cd player in the dash and from he explains 2 lightening audio 12's and a 300w amp powering them. He was unsure of the brand but he assured me that this chit was tight. So i just said yeah i'm not really interested and closed my door(window was down so not to be rude)

I started the jeep and my in dash flipped out and he said oh you got a system in that. I told him I had a little done to it(Not including the FI and Amp to power that about 2 grand worth). So he asks what sub. I Tell him FI and he just kinda looks at me with this weird look and says, what the fudge is that. So i told him it was just a cheap sub I bought at the flea market. He laughed and said yeah it sounds cheap, iv never heard of that brand before(Meanwhile im thinking well damn if you haven't heard of it, then it must suck).

So anyways, he now tells me that his system will blow mine out of the water and that he will give it to me for 400 bucks and throw in the CD player. I again declined and said I had to run. He keeps talking, and I hit play...the first song is ending and 50 cent-many men is up next...Those of you who know the song, know that it starts off with very light punchy bass, it hits but about as hard a couple 8in subs..and then the bass line drops and its just gobs of deep ass bass...

So he kinda laughs and starts to say something about his subs hitting harder and then BOOM BOOM BOOM....He jumped out of his seat, dropped his soda and just gave me this look.

I just pulled away smiling from ear to ear...

That is all..

Same Store getting some beer tonight.

Im sitting at the counter while the girl process's my Electric Bill, and i see some guy walk in, maybe mid 50's, wearing a suit, got a nice Escalade on factory 22's at the pump.

All of a sudden from behind me i hear him say, well if anyone steals your car, you can hear em pull away..(You could hear it inside pretty clear) I kinda chuckled and said yeah, I got my keys in my pocket and its locked(remote started/alarm). He said oh well it sounds really good.

Finally I turned to him and said, ya know, its not even turned up (I had it on about 10 for volume, it was playing a song with a bad bass line, and it was a dvd music video, so the sound isnt the best.) The bass just carries. When your in the car its perfect.

So he looks at me and says "You mean it gets louder??" I just laughed and said ohhh yea...

So he asks if he can hear it and of course I said yeah. Popped in Dem Jeans as I was hitting 139 with it on the TL, Rolled the Window up and cranked it to full tilt.

He just gave me this look. He said something but I couldn't hear chit.. So i turned it down and got out to talk to him, and he was like honestly, it sounds so good, I cant stand listening to those chit boxes drive by with every part of there car rattling, and ya cant hear the music. He shook my hand, said nice to meet ya and left...

I love cool old guys..Dont see many of them anymore...And it was nice to show off all the money I have into my complete system..instead of the people who just care about the bass

I had a similar experience today (Just added the 2nd memphis 4k so 2 BTL 18s on 8000 watts). I was driving by the local college to drop off my bro, and I had some music playing. No bass, but as I was passing the bus stop the bass finally kicked in-damn those were some heads turning fast, one guy almost spilled the drink in his hand. smile.gif As I passed the athletic field the runners stopped running to turn around, and on the far end where there was some kind of practice going on I just see 20-some people turn around and stare at me going around -they were on the other end of the running track (about the size of a football field). It made me happy in the pants... couldn't get metered yet, but it's soooo low and loud. Gonna get a vid of a hair trick as soon as I can. Then my bro called to tell me he heard me on the other side of the campus. biggrin.gif

Most of the other stories were about dumb installers, so i just posted the FI stories...

I do have one more...

I was showing off to my wife, shortly after i got my BL in the jeep. I had taken the day off to install it(hey thats whats nice about Vacation Time) Anyways I pick her up, and we take a trip around the block. I turn it down and she says your mirror is going to come off again. My Type AHHHRRRRS knocked it off... I looked at her as i turned it back up, and said no way that glue is super strong. As i was saying it would never break off, the mirror fell.

We were both right. The glue held, and my mirror fell...

1000996smallgh8.jpg

1000995smallhq4.jpg

Glad to see ur back around Grim!!!!!

And nice story and pics man!!!

yeah been busy, im actually in North Georgia/Tennesee right now. Ill be back in NY right before christmas for good. Might be moving back twords olean as well..

Back in the area sometime around January.

Haha, those stories are nuts! Nothings gets a wide grin on my face like the two DD's in my friend's car playing DJ Laz's Journey Into Bass. I thought we were going to die. >.> The compass button in his mirror actually popped out and flew into the backseat, followed by the rest of the mirror. :o Sorry for the un-Fi-ness, but I thought it was pretty awesome. :P

man all these stories makin me wish this deployment was over man i cant wait to get back hopefully my build is good enough to share with you guys

i cant turn up my system with anyone else in the car :(

The highs and the lows, are rediculous, but i've gotten use to it , lol

Nothing real special, but my mirror came off... twice and the first time it happened I was laughing so hard I couldn't drive and had to sit at the stoplight for a few seconds after it turned green. Coolest thing though was setting off a car alarm at a gas station the second my bass turned on... was not expecting that lol. I've got 1) 12" Fi Q BP Power powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D btw.

Edited by SmallTime

Back when I had a pair of 2 12" BLs in the Caddy.. my boys jumped in the back seat, they wanted to hear it. I put on "Trap or Die"... and if you know this song you know at the start of the song there is the heart beat.... well they thought the heart beat was the actuall bass and they were like thats not that loud... then the bass hit and started freaking out haha my friend was actually crying... they were high though lol.

Also later on with the BLs... leaving Daytona from spring break we were on International and I was bumping and we got stuck at a light and right as I turned it down some lady came out and said thats not loud at all!! and ran in and shut the door lol... I think she was mad cuz her store windows were flexing nicely :). White Girl FTW.

Sign in to follow this