Sign in to follow this  
Thewes

BTL/BL sound quality?

Im looking into buying 2 15''s from Fi, the BL or the BTL. The only problem is since BTL is regarded somewhat as a SPL sub, Im curious if sound quality is lost in the process. So my real question is, do the BTLs have decent sound quality (in a well built box of course) and also how do the BL's sound?

They're "good enough"...but you have to ask yourself, are you buying a BTL to listen to jazz on it? :)

I've never heard a BL so I can't comment there.

The one in the theater sounds fine, granted sound quality and spl is given to the install mostly..not the woofer itself.

ive heard that both subs retain decent SQ even on higher volumes. overall both woofers are awesome and customer service here at Fi is on point. so you cant go wrong

Thanks for the comments, Im going to settle for the 2 15 BL's. Now not to jack my own thread, but what do you guys think of running one of these to each sub?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

If you have any other recc's let me know, I just want some opinions. I heard rockford puts out a bit more rated, but Im not really sure thats the case on these smaller new models, so 1500 sounds about right for the BL's.

Let me know how that sounds man, Im new to all this chit, but I would want the subs in Dual 1 ohm right? So realistically each sub gets around 1000+ then?

Oh just found out even the new smaller models are rated pretty high too (around 1700) so that means each sub would get around 1200 running at 1ohm since its dvc?

Edited by Thewes

If you're running one amp per sub you need to get dual 2ohm vc. You then wire the coils in series (+ to +, - to -) to bring it down to 1ohm and get the full potential out of the amp. Good luck

If you're running one amp per sub you need to get dual 2ohm vc. You then wire the coils in series (+ to +, - to -) to bring it down to 1ohm and get the full potential out of the amp. Good luck

Appreciate that man, just saved me alot of time.

No prob, but throwing in some of my thoughts on the sq, I love the way my btls sound. I thought they'd sound bad because they are SPL drivers, but I was wrong. To me they sound better than most peoples 12" sq drivers, but I think part of it is the setup. I think in the right box with planning you should be very pleased. Everyone seems to say RF is a good way to go, most the amps they put out are underrated from what I've read/heard.

btl's are more than just decent sq. i love the way they sound. very deep and commanding.

i listen all kinds of music like liljon, pussycat dolls (yes i like them), pink floyd, etc... the btl's maintain their sq even at high volume. for a spl sub you will be surprised how they sound.

only downside for me was when i was playing some fast beat trance music. it just doesn't sound as good.

Thewes

If your looking for around 1500K watts I would also suggest a sundown saz-1500D

Contact denim he can hook you up for a pretty good deal... (he is an admin on this board)

Those amps are a beast

Edited by theabunai

Thewes

If your looking for around 1500K watts I would also suggest a sundown saz-1500D

Contact denim he can hook you up for a pretty good deal... (he is an admin on this board)

Those amps are a beast

Ill look into that, thanks for the heads up. So does anyone have any expereince with the sq of BL 15's personally? I listen to rap and thats all so most the bass is low and long- not really demanding on the subs.

If you're running one amp per sub you need to get dual 2ohm vc. You then wire the coils in series parallel (+ to +, - to -) to bring it down to 1ohm and get the full potential out of the amp. Good luck

Fixed...

Let us know how the BL's sound :)

Edited by Big E

If you're running one amp per sub you need to get dual 2ohm vc. You then wire the coils in series parallel (+ to +, - to -) to bring it down to 1ohm and get the full potential out of the amp. Good luck

Fixed...

The sundown is better warranty, likely cheaper, and strappable. If you are running 2, I would suggest the 2 Sundowns strapped and dual 1Ohm woofers ran at 1 Ohm.

Fixed...

Thanks-late night typo ;)

Sign in to follow this