Sign in to follow this  
ImReady77

Amp for 4 SSD15's

I'm saving up for 4 SSD15's with flatwind coils and I need some ideas for an amp or amps for them. I wont be competing and i will make the necessary electrical upgrades. The SSD's will be in a ported box. I want to use the ZX2500.1 or wait for the SAZ-3000D but any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Edited by ImReady77

the kicker 2500.1 is a nice choice, i have a ss 6500d per quad of ssd's and they are asking for more power

I dont think so, i'm pretty sure that amp is designed for 2ohm daily useage

It'll run @1ohm daily, but it'll occasionally kick into protect for a split second and then come back... when the coils are cold.

nG

I don't think it'd be a good idea to wire it like that. Nothing sucks more than driving somewhere and meeting some people who want to hear your system, just to crank it up and have it go into protect. ("no, my system is great-just not the right voice coils for my amp.." never goes over good.)

It may not damage the amp, but I wouldn't buy an amp that would cut out on me, and it simply doesn't look good when showing others (goes to the saying actions speak louder than words).

What about 2 sundown 1500's, I'd contact denim for a price- and they're supposed to be good at 1/2ohm.

4 hifonics bxi1206ds would be good-they're around 200each nib

I had 2 hifonics bxi2006ds that worked very nice- I think you can find them off ebay nib shipped around 330each.

The soundstream 6500 can be had at a decent price

I got a SS 10000 that was messed up and trying to get my $ back for (one of those might do it for you), and in the meantime hooked up a memphis 4k, your local dealer could get you a new one w/ warranty for around 1200.

Really like the way the memphis sounds, puts out some serious power w/out taking up a lot of space.

somebody mentioned a group buy on crossfire vr4000's for $700, i think its on roe.

copied/pasted from roe....

hey, i can get a really good deal on Crossfire VR-4000's. These amps are 2000x1 at 4 ohms, and 4000x1 at 2 ohms(all of these ratings are at 12.5 volts). They are not one ohm stable but can be burped at low ohm loads, they create massive amounts of power at only 12.5 volts. They have dual power and dual grounds and have 1/0 gauge terminals. These amps will power the hell out of anything you put it on. Trying to get a few people togeather to go in on the deal with me. I am ordering 8 myself and can get you as many as you want. They are brand new in the box directly from the factory and will be only $700 shipped, thats right only $700 dollars. Do not pass up this sweet deal, Let me know if you are interested, (989)928-7793 or Skatee3000@iwon.com.

www.crossfirecaraudio.com

somebody mentioned a group buy on crossfire vr4000's for $700, i think its on roe.

copied/pasted from roe....

hey, i can get a really good deal on Crossfire VR-4000's. These amps are 2000x1 at 4 ohms, and 4000x1 at 2 ohms(all of these ratings are at 12.5 volts). They are not one ohm stable but can be burped at low ohm loads, they create massive amounts of power at only 12.5 volts. They have dual power and dual grounds and have 1/0 gauge terminals. These amps will power the hell out of anything you put it on. Trying to get a few people togeather to go in on the deal with me. I am ordering 8 myself and can get you as many as you want. They are brand new in the box directly from the factory and will be only $700 shipped, thats right only $700 dollars. Do not pass up this sweet deal, Let me know if you are interested, (989)928-7793 or Skatee3000@iwon.com.

www.crossfirecaraudio.com

Crossfire makes extremely high quality stuff and that is a awesome price on a 4000d. I know I had a 600 D and that amp is still banging hard (brothers car)...almost 5 years later and that includes after being left in a flooded basement...

I have a Hifonics BX1505D and it will play 1 ohm all day long! 1500wrms cant go wrong with 2 of them hooked up to your 4 ssd's

Sign in to follow this