sundownz

SAZ-3000D POWER TESTING

If there is an intro sale it will not be too far off from your price range. Probably in the mid to high 800s. The intro sale on the SAZ-1500D was $450 and this one is roughly twice as powerful so don't expect a whole lot under 900 for a pre-sale and likely over 900 typical prices afterwards.

All I'mma say is Jacob, pm me what u can about these.......I may be needing one right around release point.

J

have any more results from it on a 12v electrical?

Not at this time. I'll work on that when production models are in.

I would like a pair for myself.

Now that I have more of them I'll be getting 12v test as soon as possible :)

Production models are out for the Team and will soon be available to consumers in a few weeks.

Chad Hicks measured his at 2500 watts @ 2.5 ohms with 16 volts.

If I can modify my test box to hold the DD 9512s that I have I can get "somewhat" 12 volt ratings. My voltage will drop, if I'm lucky, to 11 volts or so... quite possibly less. If I get some time this weekend I'll try to round up a few more batteries to hook up to the trusty Pyramid power supply :)

Alrighty... so I abused the infamous Pyramid power supply a bit more today. Same setup I've been using for other clamp tests:

Pyramid 50 Amp Power Supply

8 AWG from supply to batteries

Kinetik 2400 Battery

Duralast 1000 CA Battery

2 AWG between batteries

4 AWG from batteries to amp

Fluke AC current / voltage meter

Sears DMM

Measurements:

65.8 volts

49.2 Amps

1.33 ohm calculated rise from 0.6 ohm DCR **

3237 Watts

14.4 volts rest dropping to 10.75 volts

** - Rise was higher than when I tested the 1500D, it was 1.08 ohms for that test. Presumably since my single run of 12 AWG speaker wire is heating up some much due to the extra power. I also did a few test runs at lower volume so the coils were warmer as well.

I really need a much more powerful power supply for this test. Pretty well simulates a stock Honda alternator or something, though!

is it okay to use a 350a anl fuse for a 3000d? or 250a fuse?

At 1 ohm you probably would not blow a 250-amp fuse on music. I wouldn't use a 350 as that wouldn't adequately protect the power wire.

Thanks to Sean we did some power testing on the SAZ-3000D yesterday. Power testing was done on two RE MT 15" woofers, dual 1 ohm coils (0.7 ohm DCR) with a rise to around 0.87 ohms at our test frequency.

Power Output at Maximum Volume before Protection:

67.4 volts

77.1 amps

5196 watts

Power supply voltage was 16.5 volts at rest dropping to around 14.5 volts.

Our clamp meter ran out of steam at 400 amps so we measured efficiency at lower levels:

3294 watts @ 84% efficiency (252 amps draw)

3938 watts @ 81% efficiency (316 amps draw)

4424 watts @ 74% efficiency (392 amps draw)

We didn't have an electrical setup to run 12.8 volt testing available at this time.

So say I wanted to run 2 of these really bad but I had 2 dual 1ohm subs meaning I wanted to strap them @ 1ohm daily (music). Could it be done with a 250amp alt, a Deka Intimidator 9A78DT up front, 3-Deka Intimidator 9A31s near the amps and 2 runs of 2/0? Plus with that much current draw...would the 300amp anl support that 392 amp draw ur showing?

Edited by SKEEMASK

So say I wanted to run 2 of these really bad but I had 2 dual 1ohm subs meaning I wanted to strap them @ 1ohm daily (music). Could it be done with a 250amp alt, a Deka Intimidator 9A78DT up front, 3-Deka Intimidator 9A31s near the amps and 2 runs of 2/0? Plus with that much current draw...would the 300amp anl support that 392 amp draw ur showing?

That current draw is per amplifier. That setup can easily pull 800a+ of current. Four 1500s @ 1ohm each will be much easier on your electrical setup.

Thanks to Sean we did some power testing on the SAZ-3000D yesterday. Power testing was done on two RE MT 15" woofers, dual 1 ohm coils (0.7 ohm DCR) with a rise to around 0.87 ohms at our test frequency.

Power Output at Maximum Volume before Protection:

67.4 volts

77.1 amps

5196 watts

Power supply voltage was 16.5 volts at rest dropping to around 14.5 volts.

Our clamp meter ran out of steam at 400 amps so we measured efficiency at lower levels:

3294 watts @ 84% efficiency (252 amps draw)

3938 watts @ 81% efficiency (316 amps draw)

4424 watts @ 74% efficiency (392 amps draw)

We didn't have an electrical setup to run 12.8 volt testing available at this time.

ya a fuse can allow mo0re than what its rated for then theres the option thats not supported by warrenty of not running a fuse

what fuse rating does the amp ask for? I have fosgate 2/0 and about a foot inbetween the amp and battery SO im def fusing for the amp not the wire

i am looking for some amps for next year

i have read somewhere in these pages that the amps cant go above 16.5v , can they be modified to run at 18v?

i already have my batterybank

edit; i cant seem to find it anymore where i have read it

but the question stays the same , can they play at 18v

Edited by peter augustijnen