ANeonRider

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V: Project Spec-SQ

Controller can be had from him for like $250-275CDN or something like that.

I haven't bought it yet, birthday is in a month anyways :lol:

OK, since I am getting the H701, and I have to do some modification to my a-pillars anyways to house the tweeters, I figure I might as well go all out.

I would like to stick with the XT19 tweets.

I would like to mount the midrange/tweet combo up in the a-pillar area. So, that would pretty much make a shallow depth dome midrange a must. Also would like to keep the midbass in the door.

So, looking for suggestions for a 2" dome midrange, and a 6.5/7" midbass woofer w/ no more than a 3" depth. Bang for the buck comes to mind :lol:

Seas CA18Rnx & Dayton RS52

Oops just read the 3" depth, the Seas CA18Rly then

Think I would have enough space up top for that mid? 5-1/8" flange, 4-1/8" cutout, 2-1/8" depth

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

If not, maybe putting them in the kicks would be a better idea.

Pretty tough to fit any mid up in the pillars without protruding a bunch.

Kicks it is then...

Anyone been able to source any mounting hardware for the XT19's yet?

I'll have to pick up the Seas when I am in the Madison area the middle of June. Probably no 4 ohm version is there?

I'll have to find a amp to run the tweeters as well.

Didn't yours come with the flushmounts? Mine did IIRC, I haven't had them insight for a couple of months.

Definitely no 4 ohm version, but my rnx's did really well off of my Eclipse with just 55w(@4) even though they sing now with the large channels of the 450/4 on them. Worth a stop at Madisound either way, if you are nice you can listen to some things in their listening room. If you come anywhere near Mpls you can surely hear my setups and stop by anytime.

You could go used Extremis as well but they won't be as budget friendly.

I have the old Type X's (A's), which are a complete different tweeter I guess. I haven't ordered the XT19's yet, and I have to check to see if they ship to Canada.

I will be driving right down I-94 on the way to/from Rockford/Belvidere, IL in June.

Really, with the 1600.4, I should be seeing around 65-70W @ 8ohms anyways.

More then enough power to make them sing.

You will be driving within 5 miles of my house and within 1 mile of where I grew up. The 5 might grow to 10 if my house sells.

If they don't ship to Canada, you can order them to be delivered to my house as well if it helps.

Sounds good.

chit, never realized I'd be that close.

I'll have to stop by on my way back home. Will be leaving IL June 17th around noon, so should be in the Minny area around 6ish.

Hopefully you'll be around then.

According to my calendar I will be ;)

No sorry, we stopped shipping to Canada after 911 due to the security

issues. We are not an international company, but tried to continue to ship.

It just got to be too complicated. If you have a friend or relative in the

US that we could ship to, perhaps he/she could forward it to you.

Security issues? LOL

Anyways, will need your help I guess.

OK, I think too damn much.

I have kind of come to the realization that I have to start spending money on the Neon I have sitting here with no engine, and $5k worth of parts sitting in the basement waiting for me to get my ass in gear. Case of too many projects.

But, I still want to go active.

Maybe I'll go 2-way for now, and not get a H701 yet.

El-cheapo 2 way active setup it is...

I think it would be a good idea to try out Mark's 6.5" myself, since I am visiting Winnipeg next week, it would be a good opportunity to visit Mark and pick up a pair, and try them out for myself. I do already have a pair in my little brother's truck, but I have not heard them.

So, that leaves the tweeter & crossover.

Now, for a tweeter, I would need something that can play well down to around 2-3k (where I uber-early plan to cross the MLI's at). LPG 25FNA? Seas 27TFFNC/G? Crossover wise, I'll probably just pick up the XM-6, until I can get the H701.

the $13 XT19s? (the rebadged Alpines)

How low do you think they can play? It is a pain in the arse to get those here, because they don't ship to Canada

:greddy2:

I'd like to get this done before I make my trip to IL in June. 40 hours driving round trip, need good tunes.

the $13 XT19s? (the rebadged Alpines)

How low do you think they can play? It is a pain in the arse to get those here, because they don't ship to Canada

:greddy2:

I'd like to get this done before I make my trip to IL in June. 40 hours driving round trip, need good tunes.

i've got mine crossed at 2.5K now

If you need output you'll probably have to cross closer to 3k or use wicked slopes.

If I ever get a response out of ca guy with the 8454 I may have a DX-28 that I won't be using. No promises though as I might just hold on to it. An XM-6 might be cheaper anyways though.

PM'd him.

Mark is out of 6.5"... gonna have to see when he is getting more. Might be going with the Seas anyways now :lol:

Received back ~$1k worth of insurance refunds because I paid off loans early, so.... I ordered the H701 today. Will be here in 2 weeks.

Hmm, what drivers now??

I'll have until the middle of June to come to a decision. I have to see how much midbass I can fit in my doors. I'll take them off this week and figure it out. I'm pretty much sold on doing the RS52 midrange & Seas tweets though.

Also have to purchase another 200 sq. ft. of deadener.

Oh, yeah, those should drop right in...