ANeonRider

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V: Project Spec-SQ

:woot: tweets on the way.

Sorry, no luck on the NS3's. My brother said he used them in a friend's vehicle already.

On sale right now in Cheeseland.

The NS3-194, when I posted I thought it was all the NS3's. Sorry.

It would be a shame to have to have me place yet another order for you from a place I visited a week ago, but for you I would anyway. :D

Yummy. Shaggalicious.

Ok.. I am STILL having noise problems.

I have sanded to metal the following:

1) Battery ground to chassis

2) Amp ground to chassis (common ground between both amps)

3) HU ground to chassis

I still have noise with car on, and car off (much louder when car is on).

Signal path: HU > optical > H701 > 3ft RCA run > amps

I removed the RCAs from the XT1600.4, and the noise was still there, so that eliminates the HU.

The puzzling part is... the noise disappears after the amp is warm. If I use the amp for a few minutes, the noise completely disappears, and does not reappear until I leave the stereo off for an hour or so. The noise will change pitch if I use other accessories within the vehicle, while the noise is present. Once the noise disappears, nothing I do brings it back, unless I leave the stereo off for a while.

I'm not sure if the noise is also present on the XT2000d yet, I'll check tomorrow if it is... I have already moved the ground for the amps because of this problem. Maybe I'll have to do it again :lame:

Any ideas guys?

That is really strange. Grounds on the big3 are ok?

I've run a new 4ga. wire from the alternator to ground... but I'm going to run another to the battery and see if that helps any. I have not yet upgraded the + wire from the alternator... going to do that tomorrow as well.

Hope it helps some.

I'm going to bring out the Fluke as well, and see how much AC ripple I am getting on my DC voltage.

Rest of the drivers came in today.

Big thanks to Sean (///M5) for the hand!

Drivers1.jpg

Drivers2.jpg

Drivers3.jpg

Drivers4.jpg

Glad I could be of help, I do wish you were still driving through though as I'd love to hear your setup!!

Ok.. I am STILL having noise problems.

I have sanded to metal the following:

1) Battery ground to chassis

2) Amp ground to chassis (common ground between both amps)

3) HU ground to chassis

I still have noise with car on, and car off (much louder when car is on).

Signal path: HU > optical > H701 > 3ft RCA run > amps

I removed the RCAs from the XT1600.4, and the noise was still there, so that eliminates the HU.

The puzzling part is... the noise disappears after the amp is warm. If I use the amp for a few minutes, the noise completely disappears, and does not reappear until I leave the stereo off for an hour or so. The noise will change pitch if I use other accessories within the vehicle, while the noise is present. Once the noise disappears, nothing I do brings it back, unless I leave the stereo off for a while.

I'm not sure if the noise is also present on the XT2000d yet, I'll check tomorrow if it is... I have already moved the ground for the amps because of this problem. Maybe I'll have to do it again :lame:

Any ideas guys?

1) Noise is present on both the 1600.4 & 2000d, both when the car is on & off.

2) AC ripple on the alternator is ~30mV, ripple at the battery & amps is ~15mV

Relocating the grounds is next... again. I have relocated them once already to try and rid myself of this problem.

I do not want to have to ground them right to the battery here :(

The on & off thing is getting to me. Since it happens when it is off, I assume there is no noise if you try with a completely external battery? Or if you are jumped to the battery direct?

When off... the noise is high pitched & slowly oscillating. This occurs all of the time.

When on, and the system is "cold", the noise is a scratchy loud fast oscillating noise that will drown out the front stage if the volume is low enough. I cannot tell if the noise just gets quieter once the car/amps warm up, because I cannot hear it over the engine/exhaust.

The noise is present when the volume is turned completely down to 0.

The noise does not get louder with increased volume.

The noise does not get louder with increased gain (@ 0 volume).

Sounds like the power supply of the amp itself is the issue, not a ground loop. If it was a ground loop issue, the noise would go away entirely when you unplug the RCAs and you would not have noise with the car off.

Ok... I've been doing a bunch of searching on different forums for ideas.

Ran across one guy (B-Squad) on DIYMA who had the same problem. He was using one remote supply for 5 different components. I am also using one supply, and it is daisy chained to supply my amps.

He added a relay, and the sound went away.

I'm trying that after work.