Sign in to follow this  
Fi Car Audio

Little project vehicle

Chris at Fi has a little project vehicle going on right now. I thought Id share a couple of quick pics of things. I really do feel sorry for his H2... he is going to put some hurt on it with close to 30kW and (6)BTL15s tuned to 30Hz.

All MDF is either 1" or 1.5". Several layers of each. Ribs/stringers around the outside of the box then all foamed in. It is about as dead as things can get without pouring in cement. And thats not even touching on his proprietary concoction he uses to fill gaps and fillet corners... that stuff is nuts. Lots more glasswork to do on the outside surfaces to get them prepped for leather and suede. Obviously trimming and flushing things into the sides and headliner... then glassing the headliner and prepping for more dead cows ;)

Mids and highs have been figured out and he was cutting rings for the doors on Friday... so itll be interesting to see how it has taken shape over the weekend.

Ill keep people posted on this one as well as what it does numbers wise when its finished. While its FAR from an SPL setup (he actually loves SQ) Im sure itll turn some solid numbers in Bassrace.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/H2Wall01.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/H2Wall02.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/H2Side01.jpg

Thanks...

Scott

sweeet, i thought i heard you mention something about this

Can I come work for you guys?

J

and i thought the h2 we just finished with the single 18" solo x was intense, lol....

maybe i'll rethink talking him into adding just a second one. maybe we should go for four, lol. can't be having you guys one up us like this, damn.

that is one sick project, ook forward to updates!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Wow!

That looks incredible. That must be sick. What type of amps are putting out that 30k watts?

thats some intense work on that H2

cant wait to see some vids of that machine at work!

and i thought steve meades tahoe was insane!

great work

Eli.

and his spine

J

Noah... Like I can pay people what I really would like to... just ask Shawn ;) You get your package yet?

His spine wont be an issue with this setup... but the rear passengers will be getting pummeled in the back of the head like nobodies business when the back seats are in place.

Suspension is a non-issue. Itll be bagged up soon. I am dead against taking something that can offroad and dropping it... but Ill be damned if this thing doesnt look sick. 3 piece wheels wheels with 30 series tires dont do good out in the rocks either ;)

He laid out the ground work and first layers of fleece on the door pods over the weekend. He is fitting (6) AA 6.5s and (4) tweeters in the fronts and (4) AA6.5s and (2) tweeters in the backs... Im figuring he will probably have the upper end to keep up with the subs...

Thanks,

Scott

ooooo noooooo someone is gonna get mad at you for bringin up old topics...... ..ewwwwwowooowowowowowowowo0

Been done and got us kicked out of SEMA for being too loud ;) lol

We have been too busy over the past couple of months to have the time to get a solid set of pics taken of it. It is a very solid vehicle to say the least, from the 3"+ thick enclosure walls to the 2" MDF molded in "headliner". The H2 is a very solid platform as it is and there is relatively little flext to it... but it still does.

Ill see if Chris and I can take a little time next week and do a decent shoot of it. We will need to anyway for the gallery on the site.

Been done and got us kicked out of SEMA for being too loud ;) lol

We have been too busy over the past couple of months to have the time to get a solid set of pics taken of it. It is a very solid vehicle to say the least, from the 3"+ thick enclosure walls to the 2" MDF molded in "headliner". The H2 is a very solid platform as it is and there is relatively little flext to it... but it still does.

Ill see if Chris and I can take a little time next week and do a decent shoot of it. We will need to anyway for the gallery on the site.

Solid? Ha! I sat in the rear seat of this beast at SEMA as Chris dropped the knob full tilt. My co-workers, who were standing next to it, jaws dropped. They said the panels were moving in and out about an inch. This thing was insane, and that's knowing that they were running AA Havocs in it at the time. I can just imagine what it will be with some Btls. Keep up the good work.

Sign in to follow this