Sign in to follow this  
bassfreek17

fi btl power handling

We rate it at 2000 watts RMS...what you put to it is your own decision.

If you have some options and it's a clean (undistorted) 4kwatts, I say go for it. I've got a memphis 4k on each of my BTLs and they take it fine. Steve Meade and many other forum members are overpowering them quite a bit with no problems I've heard of. If you smell burning, turn it down. :)

Edited by tejcurrent

The better question is...will your vehicle take that kind of power? :)

Or as jimj posted (but with a play on words) can your vehicle put out for that kind of power....

bad voltage = bad power = sub woofer life shorter....

Edited by theabunai

unless you plan on competing, you don't need that much power. i can barely listen to my system with the volume up half way.

ive got a ma audio hk4000d on my loaded 15" BTL, and i have it where its putting out 3600-3700 watts daily. granted i dont have it cranking for that long, i can still release the power.

Lloyd tested a BTL and fed it up to 10K the only thing that had the btl freeze wasn't the power but rather the note they played went below box tuning on an amp without the subsonic on it...

I seen their test with 6K on the BTL and it took it like a champ and i'm talking 6K full throttle...

BUT please remember 4K on a BTL in the hands of someone who doesn't know basic Car audio "know how" can be deadly...

Imagine feeding a BTL 4K with a stock alt and bat..... DANGER DANGER DANGER

Edited by theabunai

Lloyd tested a BTL and fed it up to 10K the only thing that had the btl freeze wasn't the power but rather the note they played went below box tuning on an amp without the subsonic on it...

I seen their test with 6K on the BTL and it took it like a champ and i'm talking 6K full throttle...

BUT please remember 4K on a BTL in the hands of someone who doesn't know basic Car audio "know how" can be deadly...

Im gonna go out on a limb and say you CANT feed anything 4kw on a stock alt and battery. Period.

Yo did he make vid's of that, if so do you have them or no where i can see them

Actually yes he did

I believe if you go to ROE then click on the link in his sig about mariah doing 140+ on a mag he and shift through it you'll come upon it...

It shows them doing crazy chit like shoving cardboard in the port and letting the BTL spit it out really far ... crazy stuff

Edited by theabunai

Sign in to follow this