Sign in to follow this  
rcb054

Just bought a FI-Q...need help w/ amp and box

I just bought a 15" FI-Q and now I am debating between amps. I looked at a high end: memphis mcd1000, Rockford Fosgate Power T10001bd, Low end: Hifonics BX1206D, Memphis PRD 1000.1. Any suggestions for an amp..or any listed that I should go with?

Secondly, I am unsure if I should go ported with a low tune of 28-32hz or just go sealed with it. I want it to bump hard, deep bass and want some sq out of it. SO will that low tuned ported box give me a good sq but also hit hard?

Rockford T1001bd

or a sundown sae-1000d

I would tune to 32 hz personally...

As for sealed or ported...

personally i like the musical output of a sealed.... I think it has better SQ

Ported will hit hard and lower though

Edited by theabunai

I agree with theabunai 100%

So is the RF T1001bd amp a better amp then the memphis mcd1000?

And between the sundown and the RF..which would you guys choose?

I agree with theabunai 100%

For the price, warranty and personal support from the person who owns and created the amp i would get a sundown Sae-1000d....

they are small, efficient, have a small footprint, slam, get loud and low, and one of the few amps that actually truely put out what it claims to put out best of all they have great customer service and jacob the owner is approachable on any issue with the amp (but will probably never have issues with it)..

As with Fi, i like to support companies with great customer service and actually treat buyers like a friend rather then a dollar sign.... plus both Fi and sundown put out great products......

The SAE-1000D will be available for purchase i believe in a week or so...

your' looking at under 400 closer to 380 for a new SAE-1000d...

As for the rockford vs Memphis.... It depends on your idea of better.... one amp is more efficient then the other... better meaning price for performance..... Better is really a broad word....

IMO they are both awesome amps and either one will take care of business....

I think the sundown will put out clean power with less strain on your cars electrical and for that price it's hard to pass up...

Edited by theabunai

That sundown definitely interests me...Where would I go to get that amp? I would like to see it and read some specs on it.

As for the RF and the memphis..better I mean which out of the two is more efficient, and which has "cleaner" power...and which do you think has a more accurate power rating? I've heard that the RF actually puts out more power then the specs say. Its rated for 1000 @1ohm...but ive seen some birth sheets that have said 1300@1ohm

Be wary of power ratings...

Most say they put out "this much power" but you need to look at the voltage they claim these amps put the power out at...

a company may advertise the amps power rating as 1300 (on a 1000 watt amp) but they fail to mention that is at 14.4+ volts.... where most electrical these days run around 13 or so.....

as for sundown

here is specs and testing

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7669

here is the Real world testing

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...7669&st=30#

read all the posts following he actually abused the crap out of the amp and it took it like a champ.

here is availability

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8386

and here is strapping info (yupp so you don't need to sell these to upgrade power cause you can strap them together)

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

and the standard Sundown warranty (I don't think any other amp company offers this type of warranty)

"Warranty is the same as all Sundown amps. Two years standard limited warranty, with the 5 year offer for a discounted replacement no matter what (if you dropped it out of your car on the highway and can send in the carcass you can buy a new one directly from me at a discount compared to a new one -- as an example)."

as for the rockford Memphis

Rockford is a bit more efficient

Memphis has the edge on power though

Power on both is pretty clean.... the edge to rockford on cleaner power... IMO

Thanks alot for all the info and your help...I am going to make a decision on one of the three in the next week so I can get my Q up and running.

I would personally go with RF or Sundown, dont make the mistake i did and go with a cheap Hifonics amp. Now i wish i would have waited and just bought a nice amp to begin with. Plus you can pick up a T1000 off ebay for pretty cheap now days.

Wes

And, Jacob even replies to emails on a Sunday!

Sign in to follow this