30hurtzaudio

SUV Choice

Anyone had luck with the dodge durangos and if so how do they compare to blazers and explorers? I am looking for a new suv in the 2000 (year) range. and I like the look better but herd they dont do as good on the meter as explorers and blazers. I have 2 12" BTL Fully Loaded subs. any feedback would be awesome

Thanks,

Brock

I know two people (one a close friend) that has none stop issues with their Durangos.

I know two people (one a close friend) that has none stop issues with their Durangos.

that is common as well as atrocious gas mileage

About five years ago the local emergency management office replaced all their first response vehicles with Durangos...same issues. So apparently they suck just as badly for individuals as they do in fleet use...

yeah, steer clear of durangos. blazer or explorer, and while i'm a bowtie guy, i believe the explorer's are the louder of the two.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

X5, Cayenne, Touareg.

In that order.

out of those, i'd take the Cayenne. i'm sick of X5's, X3's, Tuareg's and Q7's

Something doesn't seem right about buying a Porsche and then shaking it to pieces in the lanes :lol:

i was just venting. i swear over here you can see more than 5 Tuareg's per hour if you take a short walk downtown. same goes for X5's. Cayenne's aren't for everybody

i was just venting. i swear over here you can see more than 5 Tuareg's per hour if you take a short walk downtown. same goes for X5's. Cayenne's aren't for everybody

Yeah a Cayenne mos def.

that reminds me I saw a Cayenne Turbo S near my school today. Not an S, not a turbo, but a turbo s! :lickscreen:

Theres a rich soriority girl here at the college that has a Turbo S one... I want her, not for her body, but for the dang car.

Get it man................its worth it.

J

X5, Cayenne, Touareg.

In that order.

3 words for all 3 of those: Waste of money.

If you want a BMW, get a 6 series. If you want a Porsche, get a Cayman S. If you want a VW get anything but the Touareg. 3 vehicles that should have never been made.

If you must have a European SUV (and I don't know why you would) get a Range Rover or a UNIMOG.

well i think i am goin to go with the Explorer XLT or the XLS depends on if i can find the right deal....the blazer just seem to narrow to me and lower...

Thanks for the feedback,

Brock

X5, Cayenne, Touareg.

In that order.

If you want a BMW, get a 6 series. If you want a Porsche, get a Cayman S. If you want a VW get anything but the Touareg. 3 vehicles that should have never been made.

If you must have a European SUV (and I don't know why you would) get a Range Rover or a UNIMOG.

A better description of a waste of money would be to buy anything new. The initial depreciation hit on any car is by far the biggest waste of money you can have when buying a vehicle. Of course since the OP is looking for a 2000 it knocks those choices out of the list anyways.

weve never had problems with our 2001 durango. It does get crap gas milage though. My mom has the 01 rango RT and ive got 02 ram quadcab both with the 5.9ltr 360 and i get twice the gas milage although i suspect the AWD on the durango is what is killing the gas efficiency.

Its the new style (if you can call the new one stylish) durangos that have issues. The original style was pretty solid from what I've heard.

X5, Cayenne, Touareg.

In that order.

A better description of a waste of money would be to buy anything new. The initial depreciation hit on any car is by far the biggest waste of money you can have when buying a vehicle. Of course since the OP is looking for a 2000 it knocks those choices out of the list anyways.

C'mon Bimmer-boy...you should know that there's a 2000 x5.

The VW was released in '02, and the Cayenne in '03...hardly out of range for what the OP said...go reread, he didn't say ONLY 2000...he said somewhere in the 2000 year range, which these sit RIGHT into.

X5, Cayenne, Touareg.

In that order.

C'mon Bimmer-boy...you should know that there's a 2000 x5.

The VW was released in '02, and the Cayenne in '03...hardly out of range for what the OP said...go reread, he didn't say ONLY 2000...he said somewhere in the 2000 year range, which these sit RIGHT into.

Jeez sorry I missed the word range. I do realize the X5 was available in 99, but have never been that much of a fan of it anyways. Sport utes are not my thing.

Go explorer or mountaineer...........that simple

i agree with jordan. for what the OP is after, it's hard to beat the explorer/mountaineer. the blazer is close, but for sheer spl numbers, i think the ford has this one..

damnit.

bimmer boy, lol. i like that one.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It should be spelled bm'er boy then it'd be funnier yet. Either an SI freak, a BMW freak, or someone with irritable bowels.

you must have a European SUV (and I don't know why you would) get a Range Rover or a UNIMOG.

:lol: Something tells me the OP is not a 'Mog kind of guy :P

is mog really an suv? i mean, there really isn't any sport in it, lol. maybe speciality utility or supreme utility....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: