Sign in to follow this  
super sql

btl vs dd 9515

i know what you guys are thinking when you read the title. i am not trying to compare the 2 subs. i am just so frustrated people using dd thinking the fi subs are a poor man's subs. i mean i hear people saying if you don't have to money to buy DD then settle for fi audio. it just frustrates the hell out of me. i have heard DD and many other subs and wasn't impressed enough to switch. i love my btl's and i've had them since august of last year.

sorry for this thread but i had to vent my frustrations.

Well look at it this way if they are saying "if you can't afford DD get an Fi"

they pretty much are saying that Fi is on the same playing field as DD

I think the problem is ignorance.....

People think just cause it cost more it's a better product.

People have been duped into thinking that if a product is a good deal then it's sub par....

DD may be a better sub and it may not be....

But i know this for a fact...

Price per performance... Fi wins IMO

I've seen Fi plastered in the top 5 in almost all recent competitions...

I seen Fi put up numbers that are similar to DD subs...

If you sit back and think about it....

If an Fi sub can sound good and do a 150db for 200 bucks (with one of the best customer service out there)

and a DD sub can sound good and do a 150db for 500 bucks

I'd rather be the poor man with an extra 300 bucks in my pocket while still hitting 150 dbs

Edited by theabunai

I'm not going to say one way or another...i've personally owned just about every sub DD has made over the years the last ones i've personally had were the "D" series i believe...

If you want loud, its all in the install. Mike's van is the loudest 4 woofer vehicle in the world, and he runs BTL 18's..he's tried DD subs and they simply don't work for him.

Bottom line is, there is no re-invention of the wheel here. We give all of our customers what we think is a fair shake at prices (we haven't forgot what its like to walk in your shoes too), as far as i know i don't think any other manufactures are offering a fully user customizable sub, tailored to their specific application, for the price that we're doing it :).

Your call, if i were in your shoes i wouldn't throw money down the drain for a extra few tenths on the mic in a drop in situation...or base my purchase on what others 'think' may happen, i've learned better then that :).

yeah thanks guys. i gotta learn to not let the negative remarks on forums get to me. sometimes it just frustrates the hell out of me. thats why i like reading stuff on this forum alot. everyone loves fi here like me. :)

Edited by chad lee

Wow, you guys are seriously correct. For the longest time I thought that you get what you pay for. With that said, I was looking at RF T215's, at almost $850 a sub, you couldn't go wrong....until I heard them in the correct enclosure. Not bad, but def not worth $850, esp when you can get a BTL for under $500 and it sounds better!!!!!!!!!

yeah i know what you mean.

besides i can get the dd9515 for $550 from a dealer. its only a $100 difference from the btl. they make it sound like its double the price so they are better or something.

the reason i got the btl's is i've always wanted the re mt since couple of years ago. then august of last year i heard that scott came out with fi and he was the designer for re so i had to get the btl's. i never regret it. i would spend more money on getting fi subs but these subs just won't die one me. lol.

I Hear this kind of stuff too, you just have to shrug it off, because if Fi's are cheap and poorley designed as all the haters say they are, how do you explain all the collective SPL and SQ winners? I think i smell jealousy...haha

Wes

I'd let it roll off. No one here in SC where I live knows about Fi. They hear my truck, tell me it's about the loudest truck they've heard, then continue to talk about how $1000 sub Z would own it. When they have almost no system to speak of, and almost no real experience. I swear if I hear one more person tell me a Jackhammer would be louder than my 2 BTL 18s I'll scream (F*@K pimp my ride!).

I almost bought DD 9515s, but chose the BTLs based on customer service, and the fact that from the prices I was quoted, living no where near a dealer I could almost buy 2 btls for the price of 1 DD. Thats rediculous price gouging to me- and I really hate when companies do that. I like having extra money, and if 2 products are equal I'll take the one that leaves me the extra green.

I'd let it roll off. No one here in SC where I live knows about Fi. They hear my truck, tell me it's about the loudest truck they've heard, then continue to talk about how $1000 sub Z would own it. When they have almost no system to speak of, and almost no real experience. I swear if I hear one more person tell me a Jackhammer would be louder than my 2 BTL 18s I'll scream (F*@K pimp my ride!).

I almost bought DD 9515s, but chose the BTLs based on customer service, and the fact that from the prices I was quoted, living no where near a dealer I could almost buy 2 btls for the price of 1 DD. Thats rediculous price gouging to me- and I really hate when companies do that. I like having extra money, and if 2 products are equal I'll take the one that leaves me the extra green.

people here in israel tell me the same thing , i got two Q 15" and because they are heavy i paid heaps for the shipment , but it was all worth it

everyone was telling me get an IDMAX blah blah blah

i bugged them off , saying i got 2 BETTER subs and 15" for the same price i couldve get the IDMax

Fi ftw! nothing beats it per price\service\performance\quality ... well.. ;) you got the point!

thanks alot from Israel :) while i kick the asses of little puny idmax subs;)

chad, there is a great deal of ignorance on ecoustics, and people will follow what ever is told to them. Fi lets the product speak for itself, plus where else can you get your subs optioned out like you can at Fi?

It's on the site, no games there :)

I've yet to hear anything from DD sound remotely good...if it's out there, it's hiding from me :D

How much are the btl 15's regular and fully loaded?

reg $379

loaded $469

It's on the site, no games there :)

I've yet to hear anything from DD sound remotely good...if it's out there, it's hiding from me :D

curious as to whether or not you have heard the dd 91? series sub? (their "sq" sub) ive not, nor do i care to, but just curious...

I've heard a 9112 on 1k watts (it was powered by an old school soundstream reference 1000)

It was loud and heart pounding but i didn't hear anything worth the price tag

Sign in to follow this