Sign in to follow this  
splmark

max r.m.s. to a fully loaded BTL

i have a guy that wants me to do a wall install in a 2004 sunfirefor 2 btl 15's or 18's.

im going to have the wall on the smaller side so it can take a little more power but do you guys think 2 btl's can take a xx-maxximus (last years) for everyday use??? or would he be better off with 2 xxv-Colossus (new ones)??

i think 5k rms for daily may be a little too much from what i have been hearing

unless you are really smart about it, you def dont have to use all that power if you were to get that amp (Maxximus)

I'd wait for some one with a little more knowledge of the subs to give you a better answer

I've said it once, ill say it again.

We rate them at 2000 watts rms, at this point you will have 0 issues and nothing will break. Now, what you put to them is your own discretion.

Thanks

-Nick

thanks for the help nick j/k

the most i have seen someone run was 4000 (besides meade) i told the guy that might be a little high for everyday use. im going to see if i can talk him down a little on the power just to be on the safe side.

2500-3000RMS per sub is crazy loud for daily. Try those Colossus amps or for a cleaner sound go with T20001BD, ZX2500.1D or since he has the $2500 plus for a Maximus he can get 2 of the Sundown 3000Ds and that would really be his best bet and cheaper route without sacraficing quality. I believe the Sundowns would "sound better" than the Maximus even though he would be giving up a few 1000 watts. But the 3000D is pumping out around 3700+ rms @14.4v so thats not a b*tchass amp.

2500-3000RMS per sub is crazy loud for daily. Try those Colossus amps or for a cleaner sound go with T20001BD, ZX2500.1D or since he has the $2500 plus for a Maximus he can get 2 of the Sundown 3000Ds and that would really be his best bet and cheaper route without sacraficing quality. I believe the Sundowns would "sound better" than the Maximus even though he would be giving up a few 1000 watts. But the 3000D is pumping out around 3700+ rms @14.4v so thats not a b*tchass amp.

the Maximus is $1600 and the xxv Colossus are 625 an amp and are tested to do 1901 rms a ch at 12 volts.

i think im going to talk him into the xxv colossus so it will match the xxv 4 ch.

I've said it once, ill say it again.

We rate them at 2000 watts rms, at this point you will have 0 issues and nothing will break. Now, what you put to them is your own discretion.

Thanks

-Nick

You need to sticky this post.

i think 5k rms for daily may be a little too much from what i have been hearing

If someone were to run 5kW daily, they wouldn't be hearing...much of anything :)

there are alot of people who run that much if not more for every day use, not mine but this set up is for someone else. i did talk him down in power he should have 3200 +/-

Where on God's earth are u seeing brand new Maximus amps for 1600? Im curious to know now because the cheapest Ive seen it was around 2500. By no means am I calling u a liar but I find it hard to believe u can get a 10K watt Maximus for 1600 when the 5k watt Goliath goes for around a 1000-1300.

Where on God's earth are u seeing brand new Maximus amps for 1600? Im curious to know now because the cheapest Ive seen it was around 2500. By no means am I calling u a liar but I find it hard to believe u can get a 10K watt Maximus for 1600 when the 5k watt Goliath goes for around a 1000-1300.

stright from maxxsonics they do comp. pricing now they also have a few XX maximus's left and thats the price, if you want one or a deal on the xxv line ill give ya mikes e-mail

yea give mike stiers a call, there prices are insanely cheap, on like all of the amps, but u gotta call for pricing.

I would've let him go w/ 5k daily. I like my 4k each daily. Gives head room, right? ;)

really though, on rock and some other types of music that don't have a steady bass line, I'm really glad to have the extra power. If I had known I could've gotten two of those amps for 1600 I would've gotten those instead of my memphis 4ks :(

Could almost buy the 2 more BTLs with the $ I could save on buying 2 more mojos...

On the cd 'Harvey Danger- Where Have all the Merry Makers Gone' I never could hear much if any bass at all. the extra bit of power really helps keep the bass up with the highs/mids well.

I just saw such a huge difference when I upgraded to the mojos that I think it would be a good idea to have power on tap. Room to upgrade. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be retarded when it's done anyway, please post some pics/ #s when you're finished, and good luck.

Except for this constant ringing RIckRolled

I really hate that ringing too :(

It's from hand guns when I was little, but it sucks to never have silence, except when there's background noise.

let me guess Tej you fall asleep with the TV or Radio on sleep timer....?

(since i got that slight ringing too from my hand gun when i was a police officer with Honolulu Police Department i was envloved in a shooting and discharged my firearm... though mine was only a few days)

I don't set the sleep, just leave the tv on :)

The cable company has taken almost 3 weeks and still no cable in my house, so I'm sleeping w/o. The wife refuses to sleep with the tv playing/radio anyway, says it bothers her, and I have learned to compromise quickly.

The crickets/frogs are pretty loud here, and I can just ignore it some times.

Long story short, I was concentrating on a target at my dads farm when I was maybe 10, shooting 22s, when he came up right beside me. I didn't pay attention, and a few seconds later he had shot a few rounds from his new (think it was .38, might've been .45 but I think .38). Shouldn't have been that bad, but my ears rang obnoxiously and sounded cottony for days, then it settled to where it is now. Funny thing is I'll target shoot 12 guage shotguns and my 30-6 and it just doesnt seem loud enough to do that kind of damage though. :ughdunno:

I do wear hearing protection when I'm around guns now.

Better late then never...

yeah at the PD we use S&W 5906 9mm

I've been to the gun range frequently and shot it with ear protection (the least i would use is those little plastic ones you stuff in your ear) and it sounded like baby firecrackers...

When i did get into a shoot out at ala moana shopping center it actually full on startled me.... caused me to shake my hands more then when the guy was blowing off 12 gauge rounds my way....

I never hit the guy though most people think it's so easy but try aiming and hitting a 145lbs man in the dark in a parking lot with about 30 people (including kids) in the background while he ducks and dodges between cars blowing 12 gauge rounds... he doesn't need to account for stray rounds or if he hits a by stander but we do so you can imagine the situation...

Well suffice to say got out of the PD after that...

Still got my glock 9mm though we get to keep our off duty since we were former PD and will probably need the protection.... I also have an ar15... i would love to get a 30.6 though.....

Better late then never...

yeah at the PD we use S&W 5906 9mm

I've been to the gun range frequently and shot it with ear protection (the least i would use is those little plastic ones you stuff in your ear) and it sounded like baby firecrackers...

When i did get into a shoot out at ala moana shopping center it actually full on startled me.... caused me to shake my hands more then when the guy was blowing off 12 gauge rounds my way....

I never hit the guy though most people think it's so easy but try aiming and hitting a 145lbs man in the dark in a parking lot with about 30 people (including kids) in the background while he ducks and dodges between cars blowing 12 gauge rounds... he doesn't need to account for stray rounds or if he hits a by stander but we do so you can imagine the situation...

Well suffice to say got out of the PD after that...

Still got my glock 9mm though we get to keep our off duty since we were former PD and will probably need the protection.... I also have an ar15... i would love to get a 30.6 though.....

Wow- lucky you came out on top. My wifes uncle works in Charlotte NC on the PD there. Not many people realize the stuff you guys put up with out there. I've got a .38 special I haven't been able to fire yet, but I really want a 9mm for target practice.

I have an old bolt action 30.6- It kicks harder than the 12guage and is so much fun to target with.

Sign in to follow this