dopey

Whomever designed my car...

My speakers are installed with RIVETS!!!

:lame::wtf:

Now I get to drill those out, then buy some adapter plates just to install new ones.

its okay, whoever desinged my car only allowed 4" speakers on the dash :P

its okay, whoever desinged my car only allowed 4" speakers on the dash :P

I used to have a Toyota 4runner. The only speakers up front were 4"mids that were on the lower dash facing your shins.

Sweet soundstage there.

:rolleyes:

many cars with rivets, lol. i love the ones where the speaker/spacer plate are one and the same, so you have to remove the cone/spider from the spacer in order to use it. we typically just bash them on the floor, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My speakers are installed with RIVETS!!!

:lame::wtf:

Now I get to drill those out, then buy some adapter plates just to install new ones.

Buy plates

*pukes in mouth

Build an mdf baffle young man.

many cars with rivets, lol. i love the ones where the speaker/spacer plate are one and the same, so you have to remove the cone/spider from the spacer in order to use it. we typically just bash them on the floor, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

had that problem with the mini cooper... i wanted to use the stock ones, but i sold the speakers...

I'm not sure an MDF baffle would fit...pretty tight. (I' know I can make it however I want...but the speak is a 6.75, and space is tight above, and below) I'll see once the speaks get here. For $20, crutchfield makes some that are made for my car. Not sure which way I'll go...but I'm leaning towards premade. I'm paid >$20/hr at my job, and I know I'd take at least an hour making those...just a cost/benefit thing.

And BTW...the surround is glued straight to the spacer. Uberghey.

lazyness FTW, :woot:

lol

lol

I could also make my own amps. I've done it before. But the cost/benefit just isn't there.

Same goes for speakers...

I made more than $20 an hour while I was in school and I'd still make them.

I made more than $20 an hour while I was in school and I'd still make them.

But I'm not on the SSA Tech team.

And for good reason. I would go thru $100 of my time, and approx $50 in materials. Trust me. MDF, Router bits....etc...

lol

I could also make my own amps. I've done it before. But the cost/benefit just isn't there.

You do it on your free time as something you enjoy. Nobody's asking you to take time off work to do it, just do it when you have nothing else to do.

lol

You do it on your free time as something you enjoy. Nobody's asking you to take time off work to do it, just do it when you have nothing else to do.

The finished product will not be seen. I don't care enough to do it myself. If the spacers cost $100 I would. They don't.

Are you machining your own distro blocks? Bundling your own wire? Why not?

Because it's too much work, and a quality product can be had cheaply. The precise reason I will BUY the spacers instead of designing and building my own. Not that I cant...but that I don't WANT to.