djjdnap

How yall been

Aight so today i goto a new lil car audio shop. The guy is cool as hell until he starts tellin me that memphis audio is gods gift to car audio enthusiast, I mean he had a lil book wt adds and shit and i'm like yea. SO then he says that high school kids get 50% off sponsorships for putting a sticker on thier car, to bad i'm graduating in 12 days huh. SO i start in tellin him about my Sexxx and he's like yea u know most people like to go online and find that cheap stuff and i'm like ok they cost 220$ and so he says i should have bought a memphis for like 88bucks or somethin and could have been jsut as loud WTF yea right dude(thats what i wanted to say) but i was cool about it. He was like he's never seen any RE stuff at tourneys because he's a iasca judge, i wanted to say OK and goto some db tourneys and then u might.... :rolleyes: I can't wait to buy my second sub, just so i can roll back up there.....

Which brings me to my next question i guess, SO now that there is no more Sexxx line left What sub would take it's place the SX??

And in august there is gone be a i belive usaci tourney here in indiana, and i plan on bein in it, i mean i aint got no clean sounding system ...yet but it should be hella loud.

Ah and so the guy at the shop starts talkin abiout how chinese people make everything and then just ship it to the company where they ship it out to the customer :ugh: i dont think this is true is it, cuz David was tellin me about all his equipment and shit that he uses..

I say the guy at the store was just an advocate for Memphis audio jsut as other stores are advocates for JL or whatever there company of choice is.

Although he said bring it in to test wt 5000 watts against his LVS and i was like haha, NO...The Sexxx could proly take it for a burp or even a few secs, But not contiuas i dont think. :blink:

So i'm finally gettin well hookin my shit up, i was gonna build a box but i went to the pawn shop and bought the biggest box i saw, i think i'm gonna find the area for it an make my own ports in it. Tune it to say 40-45hz

I should have all of this stuff done by august which is when that usaci tourney is here. my main concern now is my 2cd sub since there is no SExxx left..

bye bye now yall :sadwavey: :boink:

I know of no $88 memphis sub that can touch an RE SExxx. That sub was not an official line either. As long as they make the SE you can get them. It is just the XXX coil in an SE. Better thermal power handling. RE builds their own subs. They may get parts from other countries (I don't really know) but they are put together here with pride by some skilled ass builder. Hell Memphis doesn't make their own crap. Powerbase makes the subs and chunglam makes the amps (the D' at least) so they are getting that same "crap" shipped from other countries. How many big audio companies even make their own equipment anymore. MMATS, US Amps, Zapco?

Yea i know i gotta talk to david about that Sexxx, yea i know what it is...

But last time I asked he said he only had one left, and since they are changing their line up i figured they wouldn't have anymore...So i was like well one of thier new ones should be about the same as the Sexxx....just from the looks of it i figured Sexxx = SX in a nutshell, but i could be wrong...

Yea i know Memphis can bang, but thats the LVS or whatever that cost more than an RE for sure..

"Yea i know Memphis can bang, but thats the LVS or whatever that cost more than an RE for sure.. "

HA HA HA lol you've got that one right that sht is expensive

How much depth do those things have, kinda looks like ...

|===(===(====)

:blink: :thud:

edit....

How much depth do those things have, kinda looks like ...

|===(===(====)

:blink: :thud:

well the size thing didn't work so here

memphislvs15sub.jpg

383043_4_full.jpg383043_18_full.jpg383043_17_full.jpg

:ugh: :thud: Don't make no damn since

Does that "thing" use a 10" sub basket for the spider land or does it just look like two subs humping for no reason?

Don't doubt the quality of Memphis subs..... go down and compete in Tenessee or Kentucky and you will find some people hitting very high numbers with Memphis.

As for the shop guy, where is that at? I live in Greenwood, but there is a shop about 10 minutes away called "Car Stereo Exchange" that sells Memphis and ADS and McIntosh. Is that where you were at?

I doubt that an 88 dollar Memphis sub could be louder than your SeXXX in optimum conditions, but top-o-the-line Memphis subs like the LVS up there would give it a serious run for it's money.

Well, the good news is we have answered one of the unanswerable Zen questions; "What is the look of two subs humping?" leaving the one hand clapping thing still unanswered...