should i get a 15" xxx or 2 12" se's i will be powering these with a bx1500d i am looking for about 60/40 spl/sq

(if i go with the 2 12"'s wouldnt i be over powering them?)

there both good subs i believe the Se's are more SQ oriented and the xxx is SPL, but still has a good SQ factor, so it would be like SQL. I would get the XXX despite the price.

the SE's will be louder because of the added cone area....the xxx is a potent driver, however the excursion won't make up for the extra cone area that the two 12's have. The xxx's SQ is just as good if not better than the SE's, so that's pretty much a tossup. Either way you go, I'm sure you'll be happy....And I'll be more than happy to build your box :)

moved to sub section

At that power I'd get the SEs. Bump it up to 2k rms....the xxx will start to walk away in output I'd think.

Power aside.....I love 15s....get the XXX anyway lol

I would get the XXX. The two SE's will not have as much clean stroke as 1 XXX 15.

the XXX is a SQ driver and will own the SE's in SQ. The XXX will also handle more power than two 12" SE's and it will get louder.

The XXX is a SQ/LSQ Driver. If you want the best of both worlds go with a 15" SX. It is the new line taking over for the HC. THey are a great replacement from what I have heard.

And they are less in price than the XXX but it is meant to be SPL, with good SQ.

My 2 cents