Gritter

recone for 2 l7's

Kicker doesn't even recone them.

Credence may be your only shot. I do believe they still do square drivers and they used to produce the driver for Stillwater Designs.

:(

I'd contact kicker just to see, but I think you are fd in the A. Time to buy Fi?

Did you just buy assuming you could get recones? What's wrong with them?

Edited by tejcurrent

so when they're blown, they're worthless?

I'm not sure of the EXACT timeline, but you're pretty close. :domoslay:

Hmmm... I dont have the cones so I cant recone them... but I might be able to make them round. Not sure if the coil dims are US sized or some Chinese wacky size. One of these days Ill have to pick up a blown one and see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Scott

Well...

I am kind of in a similar situation but mine doesn't need reconed...Just better tinsel leads..

All 4 tinsels have been resoldered back at the terminal...But one just broke near the cone...

Could you fix that? It isn't blown or anything...

k not sure how welll i can describe this, the piece that is messed up is the one that comes from the bottom of the speaker and connects to the bottom of the push terminal *voicecoil* you put your speaker wire in.

on one 3 of the 4 of those are not connected, on the other 1 of the 4.. i can take pics if needed

yeah that would be the tinsel lead..i had that problem with 2 different L7s, including my current one..

I hope Scott can fix them without reconing the sub maybe?>

If its just a lead I probably can fix it. Depends on how well things are glued between all the poly pieces of the cone. I f I can pull things apart without breaking anything I can rerun new heavier leadwire and solder it up. If anyone wants to send one in to try... let me know. Ill gladly take a crack at it.

Thanks,

Scott

now the guy i bought these from crimped the tinsel lead to a piece of speaker wire, then ran that into the push terminal where you'd normaly run the speaker wire. This would cause the speaker to not function correct?

Edited by Gritter

Take a good photo of it so we all know exactly what your talking about.