Acidburn

New Mids for the Impala

It appears as though the surrounds on my Cadences have developed a couple tears so I guess it's time to replace them. I think you guys have a pretty good idea of my music tastes, but I'm looking for great midbass for double kickdrums and a strong midrange for guitars. These will be run IB in my heavily deadened doors. 2 channels from my Sundown 100.4 will power them with the Vifa XT19s taking care of the top end. The 8443 will handle cross-over and EQ duties. The Cadences are 6.5"s with a very large magnet structure so I'm fairly certain I can fit a 7", maybe even an 8" if one will play high enough to match with the XT19s. Budget is in the $200-$300 range (might be able to go a bit higher if need be) for the pair. Let's hear your suggestions.

Find a pair of old school kicker IB 8" sub/mids?

J

I am sure Sean will give a good word on some SEAS. The MLI-s will hopefully be in the Civic as soon as I can get some 1/2" MDF and make some spacers.

i'm a fan of the kicker ss/rmb 6.5 or 8s. shallow mount and good power handling, they should fit you application.

of course, they are the only dedicated midbass/ranges i've ever played with. soon, the cdt eft8(iirc) will get a look.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Seas , vifa's , surprisingly the rainbow's. Wish you were on this side of the world. We could play with different one's and see :)

wrong thread.>..

Edited by audio-neon

Seas Nextel

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=1596

or the more budget friendly aluminum coned version

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=818

or the Peerless exclusive

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=1604

The Nextel is probably the all around best, the L18 will have better midbass than the Exclusive which will have a clearer midrange. Also no nasty upper frequency breakup with the Exclusive (at least compared to the L18).

The XT19's are better than the Pio tweeters and the Seas has a lot of advantages over the mid, so I don't think that fits here although it would be a great set if you needed a passive in that budget.

Why not stick with Cadence and try out the CVLW-84S's? They're only 175 right now direct from Cadence. 100 DB sensitivity as well.

-C

Edited by TheNewSon

Why not stick with Cadence and try out the CVLW-84S's? They're only 175 right now direct from Cadence. 100 DB sensitivity as well.

-C

At 2.83V or 1W? Either way, I'd like to see something independant on that one.

Bang for buck? Not really.

Maybe wait a couple weeks and grab the new Poly's from Ascendant Audio.