Sign in to follow this  
ramdaspadhye

Opinions needed ***18" BTL Install***

Hey guys. I'm trying to finish up designing the subwoofer/amp combo for my 02 Yukon. I currently have an RE SX 15, 5.5 cubes at 33hz, on a jbl bp1200.1

My new one will be a single fully loaded BTL 18, 8 cubes, exactly 119 sq inches port area, at 33hz. It will be fed by a Hifonics Colossus (3200rms at 2). All power/ground will be 1/0 KnuKoncepts Kollosus cable (5000+ strands), Optima Yellowtop up front, Iraggi Amputator 175 idle/220 at 1400, possibly another yellowtop in the rear later on.

Box will be 48Lx24.5Dx18.5Hl, with an internal dimentions of 46.5x23x17, with a 7x17" port (119sq inches port area) and 28" long. The port itself (with MDF included) will take up approximately 2.13 cu ft. plus the .26 displacement of the woofer, giving 2.39 cu ft loss due to port and woofer. Total volume comes out to be 8.13 cu ft after displacement.

All opinions welcome. Thanks :)

Hey guys. I'm trying to finish up designing the subwoofer/amp combo for my 02 Yukon. I currently have an RE SX 15, 5.5 cubes at 33hz, on a jbl bp1200.1

My new one will be a single fully loaded BTL 18, 8 cubes, exactly 119 sq inches port area, at 33hz. It will be fed by a Hifonics Colossus (3200rms at 2). All power/ground will be 1/0 KnuKoncepts Kollosus cable (5000+ strands), Optima Yellowtop up front, Iraggi Amputator 175 idle/220 at 1400, possibly another yellowtop in the rear later on.

Box will be 48Lx24.5Dx18.5Hl, with an internal dimentions of 46.5x23x17, with a 7x17" port (119sq inches port area) and 28" long. The port itself (with MDF included) will take up approximately 2.13 cu ft. plus the .26 displacement of the woofer, giving 2.39 cu ft loss due to port and woofer. Total volume comes out to be 8.13 cu ft after displacement.

^^^^ I want an Iraggi Amputator ;)

My opinion is it should sound pretty good. Do you have a question about it?

Is 48" wide the biggest you can fit in your yukon (Just curious becuase I'm getting the same body style and maybe my setup will move to the new vehicle)

^^^^ I want an Iraggi Amputator ;)

My opinion is it should sound pretty good. Do you have a question about it?

Is 48" wide the biggest you can fit in your yukon (Just curious becuase I'm getting the same body style and maybe my setup will move to the new vehicle)

Yeh, it stretches all the way across the back. My current setup is that way, too. Here's the link to my SX 15...

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/ramdaspadhye/

And I had to take the port out of that box again and round over the edges. I forgot like a retard, lol.

Only question I have is will the alt that I picked out be enough...that's it.

If you could get a 300 you'd be better off imo, my 200a powermaster won't sustain 1 memphis 4k. I'd get the biggest you could. I'm sure it'll get the job done, I just wish I had gotten a 300 instead. I guess I'm sharing my remorse with you.

You can add another yellow top in the factory location under the hood. The factory battery tray replaces the passenger side front fender support. you can get the complete setup from gmpartsdirect.com for around $20. I have (2) yellowtops up front.

Install sounds good.

Brian

id go for a 300 amp iraggi alt too. i had 2 orion xtr pro 2400's on 6 bats and an iraggi 200 amp amputator and it couldnt hold up. go 300 for sure if u can afford it. also, if u can fit 49 inches wide, id suggest doin it. a sheet if MDF is exactly 49 inches by 8 foot. they give u an extra inch. i make all my boxes 49 wide to use the sheet most efficiently. pointless to cut off one inch of wood. other than that the setup sounds good.

I've easily fit 49" wide boxes into my '01 and '06 Yukons. It makes box building so much easier.

Yeh, you're right. Now I'll have to change a few things in my box design, DOH! lol, I talked to Dominik (spell check) from Iraggi. He suggested that I get the 300a alt as well because of the massive current draw from the Hifonics. I suppose I'll get the battery tray and put another yellow top under the hood, too. That should provide enough juice. How exactly do you have to go about hooking up 2 batteries? I've seen auxillary battery kits online go for as much as 500 bucks. I've also heard wiring them in parallel works, too. What do you guys suggest?

I've easily fit 49" wide boxes into my '01 and '06 Yukons. It makes box building so much easier.

Yeh, you're right. Now I'll have to change a few things in my box design, DOH! lol, I talked to Dominik (spell check) from Iraggi. He suggested that I get the 300a alt as well because of the massive current draw from the Hifonics. I suppose I'll get the battery tray and put another yellow top under the hood, too. That should provide enough juice. How exactly do you have to go about hooking up 2 batteries? I've seen auxillary battery kits online go for as much as 500 bucks. I've also heard wiring them in parallel works, too. What do you guys suggest?

Parallel.

deff parallel. pos to pos and neg to neg. all u need is 1/0 wire and some ring terminals.

Yeh, i thought so. I gotta order the battery tray and another optima.

Sign in to follow this