Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

problem?

ok well there is nothing wrong with amp except for the fact that it draws soo much power them most accessorys in my car turn off when the amp trys to hit a real low note.

my deck will shut off and so will my radar detector, which is hooked into the ciggy lighter.

so im wondering what i should do, im thinking that its from having a lack luster electrical system that is not able to supply the car, and the amp with all the current needed to keep everything running smoothly.

the odd thing is the car itself will run just fine with no problems at all.

so i was wondering if i should run the subs at 8 ohm each for a 4 ohm load so the amp will draw less untill i can afford some electrical upgrades...

or should i just say fudge it and leave it the way it is and see if the problem corrects itself and just keep the remote knob on min.

the deck has loud option off. yes its a sony... or is that the problem... eff sony?

opinions and insights would be great

thanks in advance.

mike.

well i have a stock alt and a 450 cca group 35 lead acid batt.

i think i might have to upgrade....

You def need to upgrade, 15 amp alt is not gonna cut it!

15 amp alt :blink:

15 amps is about all you get from a stock alt to power accessories. Definitely not enough... But for some reason I play mine all day @ 1 ohm on a factory alt and battery. Maybe his battery is dying too?

Honda batteries are TINY too... I crammed a large battery under the hood of my 02' Civic and I only had to modify the top bracket, nothing else :) I'll have to get some pics up later, might work in your car too.

My Orion shuts off the deck because of weak signal for burps so the gain had to be higher. :(

Battery.jpg

If your under-hood setup looks at all like mine you can fit a pretty big battery in there. I had to slot the mounting bracket so I could position the bolts a bit wider. I also had to remove the very tip end of the "cold air induction" hose that is on there from the factory. I haven't notice any decrease in gas mileage or performance, and I track every tank of gas ;)

If you look closely you will note that I soldered every ring terminal on there. I learned a hard lesson in my brothers truck after yanking the wire out of several ring terminals... solder them always!

I will have to post pics of a kinetik hc2400 stuffed in a first gen Dodge neon's factory location early next week :huh:

Edited by audio-neon

Jacob, our civic is a 96 and the battery location is back against the fire wall. :(

Jacob, our civic is a 96 and the battery location is back against the fire wall. :(

Yah, my other Civic is like that too... it's a bummer. I took it out completely and will have 2x HC2400 Kinetiks inside the car behind the front seats daily. I'll drop in a few more for comps :)

I think you can still get a slightly larger battery if you modify the bracket... not 100% on that one, though. I do know that some SPL guys remove the stock airbox completely and stick a battery where that is located.

ok well this thread got jackked!

haha kidding but yeah i have a chit load of room so i think im going tp try to tuck a g31 under the hood and a g31 or 2 in the trunk as well.

ok well this thread got jackked!

haha kidding but yeah i have a chit load of room so i think im going tp try to tuck a g31 under the hood and a g31 or 2 in the trunk as well.

Mike, start with one under the hood and a big-3, In Kyles, the car took well to a Gen 34 red-top under the hood as a start...Then the big 3.

15 amp alt :blink:

I always poke at mike for driving a honda. But, it is really out of jelousy, not being mean. I love Honda's and I am stuck with a domestic...

Sign in to follow this