mrogowski

***** SPL 12 Pre-Order *****

Hi Everyone,

The SPL 12 is complete, and while it came over and above our initial budget plans of ~$160, it also surpassed everything I was expecting an SPL driver to be. A big thanks go out to Loyd, Chad and Aaron for providing the necessary input needed to get this off the ground.

As I've stated to others in the past, this is the most aggressive driver to be released by Mach 5, both in output and in cost (the cost to build this is high). I had to incur a fair bit up front for extra tooling in order to get this unit to production, but I think it will be worth the investment in the long run.

Now the good news: If you want in on the ground level, I will make it MORE than worth your while. I have been told that a driver of this caliber would sell for approximately $400 - $450 each. Those who participate in the pre-order will receive the unit for $210USD each plus shipping.

spl-front.jpg

The basket will have the aligator finish on it - it is just so much more sexy..

spl-back.jpg

The sub will come with a nice aluminum trim ring for those of you who want to use it as a daily pounder. It will replace the rubber gasket.

Folks who plan to use it in the lanes can get recone kits for it - cheap as well.

Here are the T/S parameters:

Power Handling = 2,500 watts

Fs = 36.60 Hz

Re = 3.60 ohms (coils wired in series)

Qt = 0.32

Qes = 0.35

Qms = 3.65

Mms = 271.25 grams

Rms = 17.083555 kg/s

Cms = 0.000070 m/N

Vas = 19.38 liters

Sd= 444.88 cm^2

Bl = 25.199953 Tm

Lp(2.83V/1m) = 89.69 dB

Update

Pre-Order Information and Instructions

Before you decide to commit to this pre-order, please take a moment to read and understand these important points:

* Price of the SPL 12 is $210.00USD per unit PLUS shipping. The unit weighs 55 pounds without packing box so don't expect the shipping cost to be cheap. These units will be shipped from Winnipeg Canada.

* Price of the SPL 12 recone kit is $100.00USD per unit plus shipping. The packing box will probably weigh more than the recone so don't worry about shipping costs too much on this.

* To get in on this great deal, a $100.00USD deposit PER UNIT will be required. Please note that this deposit is NON REFUNDABLE. Balance of cost (which will include shipping charges) will be due at time of shipping to you. Shipping charges will be made available once I know your address.

* Those who partake in the pre-order will be placed on a special mailing list and notified of periodic updates. You will get informed about the order as I do. To receive these updates make sure your SPAM filter allows Email from sales@mach5audio.com.

* BE PATIENT. Production of these will begin next week, and we could be looking at a number of weeks before they are completed and shipped out. You will be informed at every major step of the way through the mailing list.

Payment Instructions

If you are comfortable with the above points and wish to proceed with a purchase, send me $103.20USD per unit (this includes the stupid PayPal charge) to sales@mach5audio.com. Make sure your mailing address in PayPal is current as I will be using that to calculate shipping costs to get the units to you. If you live in Canada, send $107.99CAD per unit ordered.

The Email address in your Paypal account will be used in the mailing list unless you specify otherwise.

Update

Pre-order ends Friday August 3

Update

I have received feedback on the type of finish of the basket from many people. It seems the consensus is in favour of the silver/black finish as shown in the picture over the alligator finish I initially planned for.

Based on this feedback, the basket finish will be switched to the silver/black finish. Thanks to all who responded with comments.

Best,

Mark

I'll post more info on the pre-order tomorrow.

Thanks for looking...

is there eventually going to be a 10" version. You have piqued my interest.

I kinda just want to buy one and hide it in my closet... great price

-John

Careful or you will be like Ramos. :P

officially interested (had to come out of lurker status)

mounting depth? and volume requirement please?

thanks

Ok, the ordering info is up. Thanks for being patient with me.

Now, to answer a few questions you guys posted:

10" Model - Undetermined at this point. If the pre-order goes well AND they continue to sell thereafter, we could be looking at other sizes.

Voice coil config - The unit is a dual 2 Ohm voice coil configuration.

Depth - The SPL 12 is 7 1/2" deep

Displacement in Box - The unit will displace 280 cubic inches or 0.16 cubic feet.

Logo - I could look into getting a nice rubber logo that you can glue onto the dustcap. This will cost extra however.

Thanks,

Mark

Now you're making me want to get a second Sundown SAE-1000D and strap 'em to one of these :( Must.....resist....temptation....must....save....for....3rd gen....f-body....

Edited by Big E

Would you be able to ship to Hawaii? If so, could I get a shipping quote per driver to 96744? Thanks in advance!

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

i was fortunate enough to get to play abit with Denims Proto im very impressed with the woofer,would be curious how two would do in the street b car,

how much "airspace" is needed? I just popped the specs into some box software and its coming out odd for soo much power

do tell ......:)

how much "airspace" is needed? I just popped the specs into some box software and its coming out odd for soo much power

do tell ......:)

i would have to say dependant on the aplication,its a very peaky driver and seems to love large enclosures ported enclosures (3.5 tuned high)i think is what we finaly came up with,but not all cars respond well to big boxs