Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown Audio SD-1 "Blowout" Sale

i'm lacking alot of space in my single cab truck. . . so i'm thinking the twelves are out of question. . .but what do you think the smallest enclosure size that the 10's would work in well. . .i'm thinking 4 of the 10's would look nice behind my seat right now. . .

They work in TINY enclosures... 99% of the people that bought them before the close-out sale used them in truck boxes.

0.5 ft^3 with some polyfill is no problem... could even go a hair smaller with a denser poly stuffing.

my biggest concern is i'm a big guy and i need all the room i can get in that truck of mine. . . if i go with three of them, i can make a box that will give them about .48 ft^3 each, but if i go for 4 of them its closer to .38 ft^3 each. . .and thats if i put them in one common chamber. . . i might be able to go slightly bigger, but i'm thinking only .1 or .2 ft^3 each at the very most. . . the price you pay for being a large man and loving to drive mini trucks i guess. . .

0.48 is absolutely fine with just a little stuffing.

0.38 can be done but would require around a pound of poly per woofer... IMHO, the Qtc would still be a hair too high.

I'd advise going with three and the larger box per woofer.

What does it mean that the one specs toward ported more than the other. Does that mean the 10's will get a flatter response in a ported box, be more efficient, er wha?

What does it mean that the one specs toward ported more than the other. Does that mean the 10's will get a flatter response in a ported box, be more efficient, er wha?

It means the 10s will be flatter and sound better ported. The 12" model tends to have a large peak ported.

I really want two of the 12's to port but denim said the 10's seem to spec more for porting. What do you think? If I drop to 10's I think I may run a single 12 instead of 2 10's. 2 10's would still have more output over a single 12 handling the same power eh?

Yes the 10's do spec out to like more ported boxes then the 12's but everything changes in the real world of your install and you will only find out by testing. I have not have the time or the play money to test the SD-1's. You could always run the 12's sealed, or the do the pair of 10's ported. Either would be a good choice IMO.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-646

* Dual 10" box with near perfect volume for $22.00 + shipping

Im using this box with two 10" SD-1's and it keeps moving around in my trunk. Is there anyway to make the box stay in place? Also, what should I set the subwoofer output to on my headunit? I have it cranked all the way up now and it sounds good but I don't want to screw anything up.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-646

* Dual 10" box with near perfect volume for $22.00 + shipping

Im using this box with two 10" SD-1's and it keeps moving around in my trunk. Is there anyway to make the box stay in place? Also, what should I set the subwoofer output to on my headunit? I have it cranked all the way up now and it sounds good but I don't want to screw anything up.

You can use metal brackets to screw it down... or sometimes Velcro works too.

The SD-1 will likely be fine if you aren't bottoming them out, and you would know as it's pretty loud :)

Ordered 2 10's. Now, if I win that amp I'll have to get another car to stick my spare amps in :)

How many more specifically Jacob?

There are quite a few... should be around for at least a few more weeks.

Are these all 4ohm VCs or are some DVCs or what? Sorry I mussed have missed it in the spec.

They are all single 8 ohm. Made to pair with a ~400 watt 2-channel amp bridged, something like the SAX-100.2 -- or if you run a bunch of them with a Class-D amp (eg: 8 of them @ 1 ohm on an SAZ-1500D).

Well I guess if I do go with 2 of these, the Orion HCCA 250G4 won't do much on them, 100watts @ 4ohms mono. Anyone want to trade for a 1500d?

lol

Well I guess if I do go with 2 of these, the Orion HCCA 250G4 won't do much on them, 100watts @ 4ohms mono. Anyone want to trade for a 1500d?

lol

Guess the Orion is going up for sale soon! I just talked to james and I will be going with 2 of the SD1s in a box that should easily hold the v2s whenever they come out. Since I have all the other sundown products I am going to get an amp for the subs as well and I guess it will be the 100.2.

lol

Guess the Orion is going up for sale soon! I just talked to james and I will be going with 2 of the SD1s in a box that should easily hold the v2s whenever they come out. Since I have all the other sundown products I am going to get an amp for the subs as well and I guess it will be the 100.2.

Maybe we can use your truck to test the SD-1 v.2 prototypes :)

lol

That would be sweet! What kind of power will the v2s need? Should I get the 100.4 instead and move the other one to sub duty?

lol

That would be sweet! What kind of power will the v2s need? Should I get the 100.4 instead and move the other one to sub duty?

I don't suggest the 250.2 for sub duty without a fan cooled amp rack.

They really won't require much more power than the current SD-1, although they can handle more if you have it. Should sound good on the 100.2 just like the current model does.

lol

I don't suggest the 250.2 for sub duty without a fan cooled amp rack.

They really won't require much more power than the current SD-1, although they can handle more if you have it. Should sound good on the 100.2 just like the current model does.

Ok cool! Can't wait to get the new setup, should be great, first time I have ever sent more power to my front stage than my sub stage.

The drawing for the free 100.2 will be done THIS Saturday!

So... if you were putting it off and want these subs, might as well order now so you can get in on the drawing :)

Remember... each sub purchased gives you one entry!

The drawing for the free 100.2 will be done THIS Saturday!

So... if you were putting it off and want these subs, might as well order now so you can get in on the drawing :)

Remember... each sub purchased gives you one entry!

I guess the sales reps aren't eligible, huh?.............lol

This includes if bought from a dealer also right?

Should be, let me know your name via PM so I can make sure you are on my raffle list!

Got the subs in today! :woot:

Do you get one entry per woofer purchased or just per order? not trying to be greedy or anything, just wonderin :)

Got the subs in today! :woot:

Do you get one entry per woofer purchased or just per order? not trying to be greedy or anything, just wonderin :)

Per woofer.