Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

Sundown Audio SD-1 "Blowout" Sale

if you ever get ahold of rich can you get a cutlist for that t0line design he builds some nice enclosures.

He never pms me back :(

I talked to him about it... it seems that it is a proprietary design that he cannot share details about. He has offered to build them for people that want to use them in conjunction with a pair of 12" SD-1s for the rate of $125 + shipping as a "special" for my customers.

Hey jacob, what are the external dimensions on this box... Maybe it will fit in my car, or could always be for home theater if tuned low enough.

I really don't know, you would need to ask Rich about it. It's not very large, though, IIRC.

hmmm, never thought about using the tens as mid bass, I think I may order 4 of those also, oh yea I just got my 12's today and am very impressed so far, the build quality is better than I figured, I guess I should have known better though since they are comming from Sundown.

hmmm, never thought about using the tens as mid bass, I think I may order 4 of those also, oh yea I just got my 12's today and am very impressed so far, the build quality is better than I figured, I guess I should have known better though since they are comming from Sundown.

They are built in the same factory that made old school JL, Kicker, and the good Lanzar stuff :) They do good work there, I visited the factory several years ago and I was impressed. I will be working with them on other projects too.

Glad you are pleased so far :) How did the packing hold up?

the box is 30x20x15, subs back, port to the side......

very nice box, I'm using one as my computer sub right now with the SD-1's, and everyone's been amazed by the output. Don't know if it's really tuned low enough for true HT use though.

Just ordered four of the 10's, I am going to try a set as mid bass drivers, can't wait

I have to see pics :)

I'm using two of the 10s as subs in my install *laughs* And they will be your midbass.

Just ordered four of the 10's, I am going to try a set as mid bass drivers, can't wait

I'm using two of the 10s as subs in my install *laughs* And they will be your midbass.

too bad i already have 10"s as midbass in my car

hey Jacob , how much for 4 12"s shipped to israel ?;)

planning on using them for a loud HT ;)

I got mine in today. Too bad I'm leaving town for 2 weeks and won't get a chance to listen to them until I get back :(

too bad i already have 10"s as midbass in my car

hey Jacob , how much for 4 12"s shipped to israel ?;)

planning on using them for a loud HT ;)

Let me work up a quote for you, I'm sure it won't be cheap! Probably best if you would wait until the next amp shipment and get them to tag along with that :)

Want a cheap and easy solution for sealed enclosures for the SD-1 subs?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-646

* Dual 10" box with near perfect volume for $22.00 + shipping

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=260-648

* Dual 12" box with near perfect volume (just add 2-3 pounds poly per side) for $32.00 + shipping

---------

Combine the blowout pricing with those enclosures and you really can't beat that for a budget SQ system! Those enclosures are on sale until tomorrow (I think) -- then they will go back to regular pricing.

Just a bit curious to what the pollyfill does and why so much of it? Seems like 5lbs of it will completely fill my box. Either way, I'll go pick some up, just wondering what it actually does.

Just a bit curious to what the pollyfill does and why so much of it? Seems like 5lbs of it will completely fill my box. Either way, I'll go pick some up, just wondering what it actually does.

You are correct, it will completely fill the box. That is the idea.

Polyfill "fools" the woofer into "thinking" it has a larger box. The 12" SD-1 has rather large "natural" box requirements comparatively speaking, but you can use a smaller box and stuff it with poly to achieve a good result :)

I have sold quite a few of these already, jump in while supplies last :)

Another project idea would be a huge IB home subwoofer setup similar to this:

http://home.comcast.net/~klone-audio/page13-12Shiva1.html

The 12" SD-1 would make a great choice for a similar project due to it's aptitude for IB installation.

I could work an even better discount for quantities over 4 as well!

Feel free to let the other forums know about the blowout sale. I do have a good bit of these that need moving out -- the faster these go the faster the new version comes in :)

be sure to save me some Jacob ;)

im realy wanting them subs.

to bad to see they got d/c

but i so want 4 12's for HT :D

Jacob, I have a feeling that I might be adding a few of these to my collection after my car gets sold.

I really want two of the 12's to port but denim said the 10's seem to spec more for porting. What do you think? If I drop to 10's I think I may run a single 12 instead of 2 10's. 2 10's would still have more output over a single 12 handling the same power eh?

I really want two of the 12's to port but denim said the 10's seem to spec more for porting. What do you think? If I drop to 10's I think I may run a single 12 instead of 2 10's. 2 10's would still have more output over a single 12 handling the same power eh?

The 10" models do spec better ported. Yes, two 10s will have more output than one 12.

These sound like nice subs to play around with on the cheap. Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash right now, hopefully some of these hang out until next month.

i'm lacking alot of space in my single cab truck. . . so i'm thinking the twelves are out of question. . .but what do you think the smallest enclosure size that the 10's would work in well. . .i'm thinking 4 of the 10's would look nice behind my seat right now. . .

i'm lacking alot of space in my single cab truck. . . so i'm thinking the twelves are out of question. . .but what do you think the smallest enclosure size that the 10's would work in well. . .i'm thinking 4 of the 10's would look nice behind my seat right now. . .

They work in TINY enclosures... 99% of the people that bought them before the close-out sale used them in truck boxes.

0.5 ft^3 with some polyfill is no problem... could even go a hair smaller with a denser poly stuffing.

They work in TINY enclosures... 99% of the people that bought them before the close-out sale used them in truck boxes.

0.5 ft^3 with some polyfill is no problem... could even go a hair smaller with a denser poly stuffing.

Indeed. Now they are going to be used in home audio in those PE boxes. I think they are .8 cf and you didn't mention them needing any polyfill.

my biggest concern is i'm a big guy and i need all the room i can get in that truck of mine. . . if i go with three of them, i can make a box that will give them about .48 ft^3 each, but if i go for 4 of them its closer to .38 ft^3 each. . .and thats if i put them in one common chamber. . . i might be able to go slightly bigger, but i'm thinking only .1 or .2 ft^3 each at the very most. . . the price you pay for being a large man and loving to drive mini trucks i guess. . .

Indeed. Now they are going to be used in home audio in those PE boxes. I think they are .8 cf and you didn't mention them needing any polyfill.

0.8 is big enough that Poly isn't needed. They already have a 0.690 Qtc in that size. If you prefer an even lower Qtc you can stuff some poly in there if you like :)